Chapter 70

Ayumi's P. O. V:

"Daddy wants me home? D-Did he say why?" I finally ask once I'd gotten over my initial surprise.

Shaking her head, Tsunade responds, "He didn't specify. He does suggest you bring Setsuna, Sakura, Tsuki and Shiro, though. He also hopes you'll get better soon."

"Oh. Okay."

"I'll leave you to it," Tsunade says, smiling before leaving with her assistant. Shizune spares me a smile too before leaving.

"I wonder why daddy wants me back home?" I wonder aloud once the two women were gone.

"Who knows?" Utters Kiba with a shrug. "Maybe a mission?"

"Somehow, I doubt that," I mutter.

"Well, whatever the reason is," Says Sakura, "you don't have to worry about it till after you've been discharged from the hospital. We'll come back and visit you later, Ayumi. I have a few rounds to do in the hospital this morning."

I nod my head as Sakura and the others start to leave, except Kiba and Kakashi.

Kakashi says to me, "I'll see you later. You probably want more rest right now." I nod and he too leaves, which leaves me alone with Kiba.

Kiba comes up to me and hugs me as he says, "I'm glad you're back home, Ayu-chan. I was really worried and thought I'd never see you again."

I bury my face in his chest as I reply, "Like I told Kakashi-kun last night: it's going to take more than that to get rid of me." We remain like that for another moment or two before we pull back.

Kiba rushes my hair back as he says, "As much as I wanna stay, Kakashi Sensei is right; you probably want your rest."

Kiba goes to peace but I grab his jacket sleeve, stopping him short and causing Kiba to whip his head back to me. "Kiba-kun, wait. About that day when I... when I knocked you out... you must understand that I only did it so I wouldn't end up following through with Raiden's orders to kill any Leaf ninja I encountered... I really did try to fight it, but as I said: his Seishengan is too powerful... I could've easily hurt Akamaru..."

I drop my hand when Kiba runs back to me, a gentle smile on his lips. Kiba cups my cheek as he says, "Yumi-chan, you don't need to apologise for something you're unable to control. I knew you'd have been under Raiden's Seishengan, but that didn't stop me from kissing you. And I knew you'd have done everything in your power to fight Raiden's orders. And you didn't hurt Akamaru."

I lean into his touch as he speaks, a relieved smile on my face. "I'm glad you're alright, Kiba-kun. I love you, and I don't ever want to hurt you—especially if I'm controlled by someone else."

"I love you, too, Yumi-chan."

"So, can you please stay with me awhile? I don't really want to be on my own right now," I ask softly, meeting his eyes.

Caressing my cheek a little, he murmurs, "Of course I'll stay, Ayu-chan. For as long as you need me to."

Kiba pulls his hand back and I lie down and get into a comfortable position, lying down facing towards where Kiba is sitting in the chair beside my bed.

As Kiba gently strokes my hair, my eyes droop close and I succumb to sleep.

🗡🗡🗡

"Sha la la la la, sha la la la la
You used to call me your angel
Said I was sent straight down from heaven
And you'd hold me close in your arms
I loved the way you felt so strong
I never wanted you to leave
I wanted you to stay here holdin' me
I miss you, I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la
I miss you"