Chapter 59

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I don't move as I linger in the swirling darkness, trying to pinpoint where Minami could be.

So she's a Genjutsu user, huh... I've just gotta break out of this thing then I can finish her off...

Before I could release the Genjutsu, however, I feel a kick to my left ribs, and a slight crack. Shit. That kick was hard enough to damage my ribs.

I feel a sting in my right arm and look to see blood leaking down it. Another attack to my back that feels like a kick sends me staggering forwards, but I manage to catch myself, though barely.

I grit my teeth as I focus my Seismic Sense Jutsu on the woman's vibration. I can feel Kakashi is being preoccupied by an Earth Clone of Minami.

I feel a fist strike my right cheek and I'm knocked backwards.

Shit. This Genjutsu is really annoying. I can't see a thing but I can feel Minami's vibration clearly. If I just time it right, I could take her out and end the Genjutsu.

"Look at you! The great Ayumi Kongoseki is helpless in my Genjutsu! Once I kill you, I'll go ahead and kill your precious Guardian!" Minami mocks, laughing.

I growl until I feel her knee in my stomach, making me hunch over and grunt in pain.

When she pulls away, I take a deep breath and close my eyes to focus my Seismic Sense Jutsu on my surroundings.

I feel Minami come up behind me to land an attack, but I was faster this time. I whirl around and my hand lashes out, wrapping tightly around her throat. I hear her gag and gasp in shock as the darkness fades.

"H-How...?! You shouldn't have been able to see!" She stutters.

I open my eyes with a sneer on my lips as I tell her, "I don't need my eyes to see. I can feel your vibration with my Seismic Sense Jutsu, even in your Genjutsu." Shock glimmers in her purple orbs. I just squeeze tighter as I hear my Guardian continue his battle with Minami's clone. "You thought you could kidnap me and place me in a Genjutsu with one of my greatest fears to use against my Guardian?" I ignore the woman as she claws desperately at my hand. "Well, think again! I'll show no mercy to anyone who harms my Kakashi. And don't even think I'll spare your life. I'm an assassin, after all."

As the woman chokes and claws at my hand, she eventually grows weaker until her eyes close and her body falls limp in my vicelike grip. Once I couldn't feel a pulse, I carelessly drop the purple haired woman and she hits the floor like a stone.

I glance towards Kakashi just as the clone he's fighting melts into mud. The silverette turns I my direction and gazes from the dead woman to me in disbelief, though I see a hint of relief in his black gaze. The sounds of the others fighting also cease as the bandits take in their dead leader.

"Y-You killed Minami-sama!" Shin exclaims, gaping at me. I just glance at him disinterestingly. He gives a cry of rage and charges at me, ignoring Akihiko telling him to stop.

I swiftly create my Diamond Frying Pan and whack the back side of it against the blonde's head. He seems to move in slow motion as the force from my hit sends him sailing across the cavern at break neck speed. A grunt of pain is heard as Shin hits the wall side on and a crater forms beneath him.

Slowly, he collapses to the ground in a heap, groaning.

Yeah, I was pissed after what Minami tried to do to me and Kakashi, just because of our bond.

I swivel my head around to the gaping bandits as I ask dully, holding up my frying pan, "Anyone else?" The bandits vigorously shake their heads before a hear a chorus of weapons clattering to the floor of the cave.