Chapter 52

Ayumi's P. O. V:

"Just in the knick of time," I breathe out. I glance at the Aburame. The insects part from in front of him and Shino gazes at Guren. "So, they're ready?"

"If they weren't, I wouldn't be here," Shino retorts.

Guren says with a smile, leaning back, "Well, well, now look who's here! The insect user. I hope you know that your Jutsu won't work against me." Shino just silently holds up his hands before thrusting them forwards. A swarm of insects shoot for the purple haired kunoichi. She was already doing hand signs. "Big waste of time!" She sweeps her arms out and every single one of the insects becomes crystallised. "What did I tell you? They're useless."

"I don't know about that," Shino says monotonously

"What the...?" Guren mutters, trailing off. She looks up at the crystallised insects with a startled gasp. They break free of the crystal one by one, much to Guren's disbelief. "It can't be..."

"Now your Jutsu won't work against me," Says Shino as the shards rain down into the lake. "You see, these insects can evolve instantly, and they built up a resistance to your Jutsu."

"You did it, Shino?! No way!" Exclaims the Uzumaki.

"Impossible," Guren breathes. She takes a single step back. "My Crystal Style has never been defeated...!"

Her black orbs widen when Naruto appears behind her and calls, "Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Several Narutos appear and they form the Rasengan. "There's no way you're getting past me now, lady!"

Guren whirls to see the army of Narutos as I tell her simply, "You're cornered."

Guren glances between Naruto, Shino's insects hovering before her, and me.

Naruto commands hotly, "Now, tell us where Yukimaru is!"

"Why do you care?" She questions lowly. She seems to smirk in understanding. "Oh, I get it. You want that boy's power as well."

Naruto shouts, jabbing a finger at her, "No way! It's not like that!"

"I wonder..." Guren trails off as Shino gestures with his right hand. The insects immediately swarm Guren. She cries out as she holds her arms up in an attempt to shield herself from the insects.

"Now. Her Crystal Style has been sealed," Shino calls to Naruto.

Naruto and his Shadow Clones charge at Guren with their Rasengans. Naruto shouts, "You'd better start talking! Where is Yukimaru!" Guren gasps at the sight of all those Rasengans.

Guren flips around in order to dodge the barrage of Rasengans with ease. She avoids the final one and they slam into the water. Guren leaps back into the air, scowling. "You little punk!" Guren does hand signs and a red glow emits from her.