Chapter 80

Third Person's P. O. V:

Ayumi sits next to her mother who has finished telling her even more stories of her childhood, when suddenly, Ayumi's body begins to glow and float off of the log.

"Wh-What's happening?!" Ayumi exclaims, gazing around in confusion.

Mai smiles as she grabs Ayumi's hands and tells her, "It's like I said: now is not your time, sweetheart. You're going back. To your friends."

"B-But I wanna stay with you!" Ayumi pleads, tears pricking her eyes. "There's so much... so much more I want to talk to you about..."

Mai smiles as she says, "Don't worry, darling. You're needed in the land of the living. There are so many people that depend on you. You need to return to them. Just know that I will always love you and be in your heart."

"I love you always, mother!" Ayumi cries before she's pulled free of Mai's grasp.

Mai smiles warmly even as tears linger in her own blue eyes, as she watches her daughter vanish from the world of souls.

🗡🗡🗡

Setsuna is blowing warm air through her nostrils against Ayumi's face, the Princess still being cracked in Kiba's arms, the Inuzuka crying.

Setsuna pauses as Ayumi's eyes begin to flutter open and confusion washes over her for a moment. The first thing Ayumi sees is Kiba hanging his head while crying uncontrollably, his arms gripping her tightly. The second thing was the warm breath blowing on her face.

Ayumi turns her head slightly to see her palomino mare standing over her, covered in dirt but otherwise fine.

"S-Setsuna?" Ayumi stutters, causing the horse to let out a happy snort. Ayumi flinches out of surprise. Then she was giggling as Setsuna nudges her face, causing Kiba to look down wit a startled gasp. "Heeey, girl. I'm happy to see you, too."

Ayumi was giggling until Kiba utters her name. "Ayumi-chan! You're alive!"

"No! I'm a ghost come back to haunt you!" She says jokingly, flickering her crystal blue eyes to the Inuzuka and Tsume behind him, causing them both to laugh.

Kiba hugs Ayumi fiercest before pulling back. "I'm so relieved you're back," He says before they exchange a deep kiss that nearly makes Ayumi melt. Kiba pulls back and gazes down at Ayumi with a wide, tearful smile. Ayumi smiles back while caressing his cheek.

"Heh. It's great to have you back, kid," Tsume says, smirking.

"Daddy!" Ayumi turns her head to see Kaminari starting to get up, only to fall back down due to his daughter pouncing on him. Nala is laughing while crying tears of joy, the other cubs and tigers gasping happily as Saya wakes up as well, and they notice Ayumi is awake in Kiba's arms.

"Nala-chan," Kaminari murmurs, before he hugs her back. He pulls back as Kilala goes up to him with a smile. They both rub each other's heads before Kilala licks Kaminari's cheek. They then gaze at each other, the female's eyes half lidded.

Ayumi's eyes widen as Ryo, Sarabi and Kai pounce on her. "Oof. Guys, I'm alright! I'm happy to see you too."

"I thought we'd never see you again!" Sarabi cries, burying her face in Ayumi's shoulder.

"Yeah. We all thought you were dead," Kai adds. "But it's great to have you back, Ayu-chan-sama!"

Akamaru comes over and barks happily, eyes brightening at the sight of his friend now awake.

"I'm happy to see you too, Akamaru," Ayumi says, stroking his head. He then proceeds to lick her, making the ravenette giggle.

Kiba then helps Ayumi to her feet and they share another embrace. "So, what happened while I was... you know? Dead?" Ayumi asks.