Chapter 81

Ayumi's P. O. V:

"So you're clear to leave the hospital today, Yumi-chan?" Kiba asks as he stands with Izumi in my makeshift hospital room, a small baby girl in her arms with a tuft of silver hair. Kiba has taken sometime off today to visit me in the hospital.

I grin as I nod my head excitedly. "You bet! According to Pinky, I can leave the hospital but not do any straining work like repairing buildings for a few more days. But she's agreed to let me help heal the wounded."

"That's good to hear," Says Izumi. "It's great you want to help out. Just don't push yourself too hard. You have a bad habit of doing that." I smile sheepishly at her.

Izumi, Kiba and I leave the hospital and go in search of my teammates. It's been a week since the battle with Pein and we were all working hard on rebuilding the village. There were lots of wounded still, and from what I heard, Tsunade is still in a coma from having used her 100 Healings Jutsu to save everyone in the village.

It's been tough, but I know we'll get through it together, like we always do.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Naruto sits on a pile of wooden planks next to Sakura in one of the village streets, the sound of hammers filling their ears.

It's been a week since the attack and they've all been busy helping to rebuild the village. While a lot of us were repairing buildings, Sakura was tending to the wounded in the makeshift hospital.

There were still so many wounded left and it was exhausting enough as it is.

The Uzumaki asks his pink haired teammate, "Is Granny Tsunade still in a coma, Sakura-chan?"

She nods. "Yeah."

"I just... there are still so many things that I never got the chance to say to her," Naruto says sadly.

Sakura says in an attempt to cheer him up, "Oh, don't worry! Tsunade-sama will wake up really soon! I'm sure of it! I mean, she's really strong. She's the Hokage. You'll see." Sakura turns her head away solemnly. She lets out a sad sigh.

"Super long time no see, Naruto, Sakura!" A raspy voice calls. The person chuckles as said teens raise their heads, seeing two familiar faces.

"It's great to see our hero again," Says a young black haired boy as he wipes his face with a towel. "Hey, Naruto!"

"Hold on, is that...?" Sakura begins, trailing off as she remembers.

Naruto gasps with recognition as he and Sakura jump to their feet, "Inari and old man Tazuna?!" He grins. "Inari, boy you sure have grown up!" Naruto glances at Tazuna as he adds, "And you're even older, Old Man!"

"Shut it," Tazuna grumbles.

Inari informs them, "I work as a carpenter right now. I accepted the Hidden Leaf's commission, and here we are to help rebuild! I figured that we'd at least say hello to you guys while we're here." Inari gives Sakura a closed eye smile, his hands on his hips. "Sakura, you're even prettier than I remember!"