Chapter 60

Kakashi's P. O. V:

I wake up the next morning to warm sunlight hitting my face.

I blink my right eye open as I sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes

I blink my right eye open as I sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I realise I'm still in Ayumi's bedroom. So I ended up staying here all night.

I notice the foot of her bed is empty, meaning Sakura, Tsuki and Shiro were out. I glance beside me and blink my eye in slight surprise. Ayumi was out of bed too.

I get out of her bed and head down the hall, the smell of cooking food wafting into my nose. I peer around the doorway to the kitchen and see the Kongoseki Princess at the stove, cooking.

I sweat drop slightly at the amount of food piled up next to the stove. There was enough to feed an entire village of ninja.

I also spot the three cats roaming around, with the white adult feline licking herself on the couch.

"Ayumi?" I address, stepping into the kitchen. The black haired girl turns around with a hum, a spatula in hand. "How—How long have you been awake?" I glance at the kitchen clock to see it's 8am.

"Oh, good morning, Kashi-kun!" She says brightly. "I've been up since 6: 30. Haven't been able to sleep. So I thought I'd make breakfast! Come, help yourself!"

"More like, you made a feast," I mutter as I step further into the kitchen. I take up a plate and start piling some food onto my plate such as pancakes, steamed rice, a bit of miso soup and Egg dish (tamagoyaki, onsen tamago, raw egg, fried egg). At least I can no longer go hungry in this house with Ayumi cooking. "Are you alright? Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yup! And yup! Like I said, I felt like getting up early today and making breakfast. Then after I take Setsuna out, I plan on training with my tigers. So, really, I'm fine, Kashi-kun."

I gaze at the sixteen year old for a moment, before I let out a sigh and nod my head. "If that's what you say, Yumi-chan."

Ayumi gets her own breakfast and we sit down with glasses of milk before we dig in, my pulled all the way off since Ayumi already knows what I look like.

Ayumi's P. O. V:

After getting changed in my pink hoodie outfit I wore during the Three Tails incident, I head to a forest clearing within the village and summon my tigers to train with them; even the cubs, who are practising their pouncing and hiding their presences.

I grip twin katanas of diamond in my hands and practise my cutting and slicing movements.

I would also have my eyes closed while I sliced through some of my tiger's attacks with my swords.

We'd been training for a few hours now when I hear powerful lightning crackling in my direction.

"M' Lady, watch out!" Kaminari calls. I snap my eyes open just in time t see his Lightning Fang Jutsu come arcing towards me at high speeds.