Chapter 43

Ayumi's P. O. V:

"Here you go!" Teuchi says as he holds out a bowl of ramen to Naruto. "Miso flavoured pork bone stock with roast pork." Teuchi sets it in front of Naruto. "The two thick slices of roast pork are on me."

"Thank you," Naruto says, taking up a set of chopsticks in his left hand that doesn't have a thick cast on it. "Just what I've been waiting for." He bites the chopsticks apart and goes to take a bite, but drops it because of the heat. "Ah! Hot!"

Ayame reminds him, "Be careful. Our ramen noodles stay hot till the end."

I sit next to Naruto on his left in my pink tank top, matching coloured mini shorts and sleeveless pink hoodie, with a pair of black strappy sandals on my feet. I dressed down today because we had the day off.

Naruto groans, "It's just not easy eating with my left hand." He pouts.

I scoot my stool closer to his and I'll up some of Naruto's ramen with his chopsticks for him. "Here, Naruto-kun. Let me help you there." The blonde gazes at me in surprise as I hold the chopsticks up to him.

Just then, another set of chopsticks with ramen in them bump Naruto's face, startling him

Just then, another set of chopsticks with ramen in them bump Naruto's face, startling him. It was Sai. "Say "Ahhh!""

"This isn't the part for you to butt in!" Naruto snaps, holding up his left fist but I catch it to prevent him from picking a fight with the ravenette.

"What?!" Sai asks, confused.

"Yo!" I hear Kakashi greet as he pops his head in.

"Not "What"!" Naruto continues to snap.

"Huh...?" So utters as I release Naruto.

"What's going on?" Kakashi wants to know.

"Just when Yumi-chan was about to feed me!"

"When a friend is in trouble, you must help them," Sai recites. "That's what a true friend does according to this book..."

Naruto snaps, "Nevermind reading books like that. Just read the situation, will you?"

"How can I read something that I cannot see?" Sai wants to know. This makes Naruto cry out in frustration.

"Aaahhh!! You're such a pain!"

"What's with all this noise?" Kakashi asks, gaining our attention.

"Kashi-kun!" I exclaim happily. "Naruto can't eat with his right hand... and we're having a little disagreement over who's going to feed him."

"Here. Eat!" Kakashi says as gets in between me and Naruto and picks up the bowl and chopsticks, holding out the chopsticks to him. Naruto turns his head away indignantly.

Sakura says to him and I, "By the way, Kakashi Sensei, in surprised that you haven't landed in the hospital after a huge mission like that."

"Huh?!" He swivels his head around to the pinkette and hangs his head in exaggeration as he thumps his fist on the counter, groaning, "Is that how people perceive me these days...? What a shock." Kakashi raises his head as he adds, "Well, this time, I didn't need to use the Mangekyo Sharingan, you see. If you all hadn't arrived in time, I would have used it again for sure. Then, just as you imagined, I'd probably be lying in bed now." He lets out a sheepish chuckle, but then notices Naruto's glum expression.