Chapter 87

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I ride back into the village with a distant expression on my face.

"Ayumi, you're back!" I pause and look to see Izumi and Asuka, the babe awake and playing with her mother's hair. "How was the ride?"

"It was exactly what I needed," I say. "Things have been hectic since we got back, and now Naruto-kun thinks he can take on every burden himself." I let out a mushroom shaped sigh.

Izumi says assuringly, "Well, if you can't convince Naruto to let you help him, the least you can do is remind him that he still has his friends to back him up. And that he's not alone."

"I know that," I mutter. "I just hope he does, too." Just then, a couple of blurs capture my attention. "What's that?" I turn my head to see Kakashi racing Guy over buildings, towards the Hokage monument.

"Is that Kakashi-kun?" Questions Izumi, blinking her eyes. "With Guy? What on Earth are those two up to?"

Asuka makes a happy sound as she stretches her tiny hands towards her father.

I say with a deadpan expression as I quirk an eyebrow, Setsuna snorting while stomping the cobbles, "If I had to take a guess? I'd say Kakashi had been challenged to a race by Guy before he takes on the role of Hokage." I give Izumi a teasing grin. "Speaking of, what's it like being married to the new Hokage? You must feel like royalty now!"

A deep blush covering her cheeks, Izumi says shyly, "A-Ayumi! Honestly, though?" She flicks her blue eyes to me, a smile on her lips. "It's so surreal! I'm so proud of him."

"Me too," I agree, nodding my head, smiling. "I always knew he'd make a great Hokage."

"How do you feel about it, what with being his adoptive daughter?" Izumi asks teasingly.

"I'm so incredibly happy for him and proud of him!" I exclaim joyously, making the beautiful woman laugh happily.

"Yes. The village is in good hands."

I click my tongue and Setsuna walks on as I walk beside my former Sensei, the two of talking amongst ourselves.

                          🗡🗡🗡

I was walking with Izumi awhile later while leading Setsuna after we'd gotten a snack. I have a cone of sakura mochi (which is my favourite) with a chocolate ramune soft drink, while Izumi has mochi ice cream, which is pink on the outside like mine and filled wit ice cream on the inside.

 I have a cone of sakura mochi (which is my favourite) with a chocolate ramune soft drink, while Izumi has mochi ice cream, which is pink on the outside like mine and filled wit ice cream on the inside