Chapter 38

Ayumi's P. O. V:

The next morning, we get right back into training. Naruto had created his Shadow clones and resumed trying to cut the waterfall.

I try to get this Lightning Jutsu perfected.

I summon the chakra to my hand and try to hold it, but it again explodes in my face. I try again, only to receive the same result.

At a commotion, I glance over my shoulder to see Naruto has finally cut the waterfall in half, the bottom of it dropping into the basin.

I smile proudly, despite my exhaustion. "Way to go, Naruto-kun!" I think to myself, suddenly feeling inspired.

I close my eyes, focusing the chakra to my hands. Not too much, not too little. Find the right amount...

I feel the electricity crackling in my palm and I snap my eyes open. "Lightning Style: Purple Electricity!"

I throw my hands forward and a powerful beam of purple lightning shoots from my hands. It hits the tree and bursts right through it before firing right through the second one behind it.

The trees groan as they topple to the ground, hitting it with resounding booms.

I brace my hands on my knees as I breathe heavily, exhaustion washing over my body. "I finally did it!" I say proudly to myself.

Then I start to fall forwards from exhaustion. Before I hit the ground, a pair of arms catch me. I blink my tired gaze up at my Guardian.

"You did good, Yumi-chan," He says, pride in his tone.

"Whoa!" Naruto exclaims. I look to see he's being held up by Yamato as they both gape at the destruction I made. "That was awesome!"

"More like terrifying!" Yamato squeaks, his face slightly pale.

"Kashi-kun?" I speak up softly, gaining his attention.

"What is it? Are you okay?"

"I need food... I don't think I can walk on my own, though..." I murmur, making him chuckle sheepishly.

"Alright. Let's get you and Naruto some food, shall we?" Kakashi says.

🗡🗡🗡

"Ramen... Ichiraku Ramen..." Naruto moans as Yamato has one arm around his waist, Naruto's arm over his shoulders as Kakashi carries me piggyback style to the ramen stand for lunch. Naruto is just about collapsing as I rest my head on Kakashi's shoulder. "I want Ichiraku Ramen...!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Just walk a little while longer," Kakashi tells him as Yamato hoists the blonde up.

After a few more minutes of walking, the familiar ramen shop comes into view.

"T-Tonkotsu..." Naruto grumbles.

"Look. We're here..." Says Kakashi as he sets me down and holds me up like Yamato is doing with Naruto.

Kakashi pulls back the flap but Teuchi shouts in our faces, "Welcome!!"