Chapter 78

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I hesitate as I look back towards Pein, my teeth clenching. Shiori and Kage have gone to search for someone who can backup my Guardian.

I could only watch as Pein lowers his arms, dust swirling around his feet and the now devastated ground. Forming a perfect circle around the orange haired, the ground raises and is powerfully forced back by a wave of chakra, sending buildings toppling to the ground, along with people. Taking my beloved Guardian with it.

Keeping his face angled to the ground, Pein slowly turns his head to glare right at me from the corner of his eye. His eyes narrow and the corners of his mouth pull down, sending a shiver of fear up and down my spine. I feel Kaminari, Saya and Miyuki press closer to me protectively, and I clench my fingers into the white male tiger's fur.

My tigers and I continue moving away as Shiori and Kage reappear amongst the rubble.

"Backup has arrived, M' Lady!" Shiori calls.

"You found someone?" I ask hopefully.

"Just a couple of fat guys," Kage responds, making me sweat drop slightly.

"Wait, does he mean the Akimichi?" I think with tilt of my head.

As we were running, I stop short as a man with slick back orange hair and piercing all through his face and ears runs past, quickly followed by a massive fireball and several long swords go flying past. The fireball and weapons miss him.

"Kilala?! Akane?!" I exclaim as they stop.

"Fire Style: Supernova!" Slamming her paws on the rooftop, Kilala sends up a massive blast of fire from under the building the Pein is fleeing on. He disappears amongst the torrent of fire.

"What are you guys doing here?! I thought I sent you with Kiba?!" I ask as Akane panda beside me.

"We are with that chump, M' Lady," Says Akane as Kilala races after the Pein, fire crackling with flames. "He's right on our tail. Apparently, there are a few of these things running around, but your mutt of a boyfriend and his mother were informed physical attacks are useless against him. Argh! I just wanna eat that guy already! If I don't soon, then I might just turn that mutt into a snack!"

"You can certainly try!" Tsume says as she lands on her tall black and white ninja hound, purple lips curving into a smirk. "You know, I've never been too fond of cats, but I think I like this one!"

Akane smirks back at her.

Kiba appears then, rolling his eyes. "Haha," Kiba says sarcastically. He switches his gaze to me. "You wanna join us, Princess? We sure could use your help."

"Thanks, but I'm fine. I'm about to go see if anyone needs backup," I reply, throwing him a smile. "I'll catch up later. You guys have fun. You should probably go and aid Kilala."

"It's fine, Yumi-chan. Akamaru marked him, so he won't be getting away anytime soon," Kiba responds.

"Let's get going, boys!" Tsume says as Kuromaru starts to run in the direction of the flaming Kilala. "We'll have this guy beaten before Ayumi could catch up to us."

They take off.

I say to my red male tiger, "Be careful out there, Akane."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You don't have to tell me, M' Lady. You just watch yourself," He says with a devilish grin before taking off and disappearing over the rooftops.

"I hate having to leave you alone, Ayu-chan," Kiba says to me, causing me to look at him. "I know these guys want you because of your connection to Naruto. I have this bad feeling..."