Chapter 48

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I lift myself up to the surface by the bank somewhere and release the bubble. I step onto the bank and use my wind chakra to dry myself before I gaze around.

I blink at my surroundings. The attack from the Three Tails seems to have separated Naruto from me. He'd gotten too far from me before I could catch him in my bubble.

There were trees behind me and nothing but water in front. I turn around in place.

There was no one else here.

I stand there for a moment, trying to figure out what I should do.

I go to activate my Seismic Sense Jutsu to find Naruto, but before I could, mist begins to fill the area.

"Mist...?" I mutter aloud to myself. It wasn't long before I'm completely surrounded by thick mist and could barely see a foot in front of me. "I need to find Naruto-kun...!"

I hesitate, knowing it wouldn't be good to wander around in this mist. I gaze around until the scene of my backyard with the paddock and Setsuna appears before me. Along with my six year old brother and five year old self, our parents watching us from the back porch as Hikaru and I train together with our diamond swords.

My eyes widen slowly as I remember this day. I haven't forgotten, no matter how hard I try.

"Huh! Huh! Take this, nii-san!" I shout as I run at my six year old brother, Hilaru, diamond katana gripped in hand. He has his own diamond katana gripped in his his hand.

We clash our swords against each other while training outside our house, our parents watching from the back porch. A few days have passed since Kakashi Hatake left after guarding me and my brother, and things have been pretty quiet here in the Land of Diamonds.

Suddenly, Hikaru sweeps my feet out from under me and I feel my blue eyes widen as I fall onto my back. Hikaru grins as he straddles my waist, holding his sword to my face.

"Got you, imotou-chan!" He laughs. I scowl before I smirk. Hikaru gets to his feet but I move quickly and sweep his own feet from under him, before Hikaru's back hits the ground. His blue eyes jerk wide right before I straddle his waist, pointing my sword at him. Hikaru gazes up at me with wide, shocked eyes, before he scowls.

I laugh as mum and dad clap, my mum laughing softly as the breeze tosses her long raven hair, so dark it was almost purple, across her shoulders.

"You cheated!" Hikaru says as I jump to my feet.

"Did not. I just caught you off guard," I retort. "As a ninja, you have to be ready for anything!" Hikaru scowls again.

Then we all burst out laughing. I hold out my hand and help my brother to his feet. He was brushing dust off when suddenly, there's the sound of the door being kicked open.

Mum and dad jump to their feet as an explosion comes from the main village, as our large house is situated a little ways from the village, with a paddock and stable that houses my palomino mare, Setsuna.

"Wh-What was that?" I stammer as Hikaru gets in front of me protectively.

Laughter reaches us as a man with blonde hair and green eyes breaks down the back door with a blast of lightning.

"Which one of you is the little Princess?" He asks. His gaze drifts over us before finding me behind Hikaru. "You."

The man approaches me but Hikaru creates another sword, brandishing it before him. "Stay back!"