Himiko Helps Kokichi Write A Scandalous Love Letter (3)

"Himiko, HIMIKOOOO," Tenko waved her hands in Himiko's face. Himiko shook her head to clear it from her reverie. She looked around the cafeteria and heard the usual buzz from the other students. It was the next morning, and Himiko sat with Tenko and Angie during breakfast, like she usually did, before school started. "You've been quiet all morning! Are you okay?" Tenko asked her.

   "Nyeh...I'm fine," Himiko replied. "I'm just a little...tired, is all." It was true that Himiko was tired, like always, but she was actually deep in thought about the prank she was pulling with Kokichi. She was excited and nervous at the same time. Kokichi had said he would sneak out late at night to put the fake love letter in Hope House's mailbox. If what Kokichi said about the residents checking the mailbox in the morning and evening was true, Kyoko should have received the letter by now. 

      "You're daydreaming about you-know-who, aren't you, Himiko?" Angie asked with a raised eyebrow and poked Himiko's arm playfully. Himiko blushed.

   "Stop it," Himiko said, pushing Angie's hand away. "I guess...I was sorta thinking about him," she added bashfully. 

   "He must have sensed you thinking about him, because here he comes," Angie said, nodding her head over at Kokichi who was walking to their table with a big grin on his face. 

  "Helloooo, ladies," Kokichi said. "Mind if I sit down?" 

  "Yes! Very much!" Tenko spat, crossing her arms at him. 

  "No, not at all," Angie said kindly, offering Kokichi a chair. "Tenko and I have somewhere to be, anyways, right, Tenko?" Angie said, giving Tenko the "we-should-give-Himiko-some-alone-time-with-Kokichi" look. Tenko rolled her eyes. 

   "Fiiiiiiine," Tenko sighed with exasperation. Tenko lumbered off after Angie, glaring at Kokichi who stuck his tongue out at her. Then, he turned to Himiko.

   "Guess what?" he asked Himiko with excitement. 

  "Kyoko got the letter?" Himiko guessed, squirming a little with anticipation. 

   "Haha, yup!" Kokichi replied. "I saw her opening it up at her locker and reading it!" 

   "Nyeh...so, what do we do, now?" Himiko asked. Kokichi smiled mischievously and discreetly shifted his eyes towards a few tables away from them. From her peripheral vision, Himiko could see Kyoko walk up to the table where Shuichi, Kaede, Rantaro, Kaito, and Maki sat. She noticed Kyoko telling everyone but Shuichi something. Himiko guessed that she was asking them if she could spend a moment alone with Shuichi because the others stood up with confused looks on their faces and went to another table. Kyoko showed Shuichi the letter and he took it. As he read it, Shuichi's face turned red and he tried to explain himself.

   "What's going on here?" they heard a voice ask them. Shuichi and Kyoko turned around to see that Kaede was there looking at them with suspicion. She came back because she had forgotten some music sheets at the table. "I came back to grab my music, but...Shuichi, why are you all red? What are you two up to?"