Himiko's Coulrophobia

"Is this the house?" Kokichi asked as he slowed Kaito's car down so Himiko could get a better look at the house they were supposed to be at. There were a bunch of cars and a small, colorful truck parked out front.

  "Nyeh...yup," Himiko replied, double-checking the invitation in her hand. "That's what the address says." Himiko had been asked to perform another magic show at a birthday party for twin little girls, Suki and Yuki. Kokichi had fun being Himiko's assistant at her previous magic show, so he decided to tag along again.  

   "Okie-dokie, you go ahead and let Suki and Yuki's mom know that we're here, and I'll get your trunk full of magic junk from the back," Kokichi said. 

  "It's not magic *junk!*" Himiko protested. Kokichi gave her a toothy smile to tease her. Himiko stuck her tongue out at him and walked to the gate that led to the backyard. Kokichi went to the trunk of the car to take out Himiko's magic trunk when he saw her rushing back to him with a panicked look on her face.

   "What's wrong?" Kokichi asked.

  "We have to go, now!" Himiko replied, pulling Kokichi's arm away and slamming the trunk of the car.

   "What?! Why?" Kokichi asked, trying to yank his arm free of Himiko's grasp. 

   "We just have to, okay?!" Himiko replied, pulling on Kokichi's arm. "Now just drive us out of here, please!" 

   "Um...excuse me?" a voice called out to them. They turned to see a woman looking at them with confusion. "Are you the magicians?"

   "Yes, we are," Kokichi replied, finally breaking free from Himiko's grasp. "Well, my friend Himiko here is the magician. I'm just her assistant." The woman brightened.

  "Oh, yay!" she replied cheerfully. "My daughters will be happy to see you! Please, come to the backyard."

  "Um...okay, we just have to get some things out of the car," Himiko replied with a stilted smile. The woman nodded and walked back to the party. Kokichi turned to Himiko and leaned up against Kaito's car with crossed arms.

  "M'kay, stinky butt, what up with the freak out?" he asked her. 

  "I can't go back over there," Himiko replied quietly, hugging herself tightly. 

  "Why not?" Kokichi asked. "What's the big deal?"

  "There's...a horrible monster at that party!" Himiko replied. Kokichi stood up straight and gave her a look of disbelief. 

  "Seriously, Himiko?!" Kokichi exclaimed incredulously. "You still believe in monsters?"

  "What's at that party is worse than any kind of monster you're thinking of," Himiko replied. Kokichi gave her a confused look. Himiko noticed his expression and sighed. "There's a...there's a...p-person back there with, you know, makeup, funny clothes, and the red nose, and-"