Things Get Magically DICE-y For Kokichi and Himiko (9)

A few weeks went by without Kokichi and Himiko saying a word to each other. Himiko still felt sore towards Kokichi, and he wanted to give her some time to emotionally heal, so he stayed away from her for a while. He was really bored not having a prank buddy to hang out with, but he was also becoming concerned that Himiko wouldn't want to ever be around him again. He was in his room laying on his bed, thinking about how much he screwed things up with Himiko when suddenly, he heard a knock at the door. His head shot up at the sound, but he didn't move. Instead, Gonta went to open it himself, happy to welcome any guests. On the other side stood Himiko with her hands folded shyly in front of her.

   "Oh! Hello, Himiko! How are you?" Gonta asked cheerfully. 

   "I'm fine, thanks, Gonta," Himiko replied quietly. "Um...is Kokichi inside?"

  "Yes, Kokichi here," Gonta gestured over to Kokichi who slowly stood up from his bed. Himiko entered and gave him a small smile. Kokichi returned the small smile. 

  "Um...can we talk?" Himiko asked him shyly. Kokichi nodded his head.

  "Uh...yeah," he replied and looked at Gonta. "Gonta, could we have some privacy?"

  "Of course!" Gonta replied with a gentle smile and closed the door behind him as he left the room. Kokichi turned back to Himiko.

   "Oh, um...here, you can sit on my bed, if you want, or Gonta's desk chair," Kokichi said, rubbing the back of his head. 

   "We can sit on your bed...if that's okay," Himiko replied, shrugging her shoulders.

   "Yeah...yeah, that's fine," said Kokichi. They both sat down on Kokichi's bed on opposite ends. They sat for a while in awkward, painful silence. "Um...sooo...what did you want to talk about?"

   "Well, I was just getting a little bored...I guess, and I kinda want to start, um...hanging out again," Himiko answered quietly. Kokichi stared at her dumbfoundedly. 

  "Y-You do?" he asked incredulously. "Even after...everything that happened?" Himiko nodded, but a look of unease flashed across her face.

   "I also wanted to know..." she hesitated before continuing. "...why you were so angry with me." She looked up at him with wet eyes. Kokichi rubbed his arm and sighed. He didn't like opening up to people, but he felt he owed Himiko the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. 

   "I was jealous..." Kokichi replied quietly. "...of freak-o Tanaka. And a little...scared. Okay, maybe a LOT scared."

   "Scared of what?" Himiko asked. Kokichi looked up at her and sighed. 

   "Scared that I was losing you to...you know...Hamster Boy," Kokichi said. "Scared that I wouldn't have a friend to hang out with, anymore." 

   "Why would you think that?" Himiko asked. "I was only going over there to watch Hamtaro with him. I told you that." She looked hurt. Kokichi felt a wave of guilt wash over him.