The Monster of Casa V3 (9)

"You don't think..." Himiko uttered in a horrified whisper, her hands shaking violently as she held the empty boxes of chicken nuggets and chicken sandwich wrappers that had only the remains of the sandwich with the chicken patties gone. 

   "It has to be her," Kokichi breathed. "C'mon, let's hurry up and put these back before-" Kokichi was interrupted by the kitchen light being turned on. Kokichi and Himiko turned to see that Miu was standing in the doorway. 

   "Hey, what're you two doin' in here?" she asked, rubbing her eyes. "I heard whisperin' and you two were gone!" When her vision cleared, she saw that they were holding the scraps of her dinner. "Whaaaat...are you two doin' with my trash?" As Miu looked at them, Kokichi and Himiko noticed that Miu's eyes had gone from their usual sky blue to a yellowish tinge. Kokichi moved Himiko behind him and began to slowly back away from Miu. 

   "Miu...you need to get out of here," Kokichi warned. 

   "The hell are you talkin' about?" Miu spat. 

   "Miu...you're a monster," Kokichi said. "You've been changing into one every night."

   "Don't be an idiot!" Miu said. "How am I a monster?!"

   "I don't know, but it's not safe while you're in here with us!" Kokichi replied. He pointed to a small mirror hanging on a nearby wall in the dining room. "Look at your eyes!" Miu turned to look at her eyes and stepped back in shock.

   "Wh-What's going on??" she exclaimed. "Hey, is this some kind of joke?!" She turned angrily back to Kokichi and Himiko when, suddenly, her stomach began to growl loudly. Miu looked down at her stomach and calmly patted it. "Huh...you know what's weird? Lately, I've been craving chicken. I dunno why."

   "It's because you're a monster, Miu!" Kokichi insisted. "You've been eating Gundham's chickens every night!"

   "I told you, I'm not a monster!" Miu growled, swinging her arm at Kokichi. "This is all a prank! You're lying to me...grghh..." Miu suddenly fell to her knees as her stomach growled even louder than before. "Ggrrr....what's...happening...to me....?" Miu began to breathe harder. As she did, her breaths became deeper and more guttural-sounding. "I...I feel so weird," she said in a deeper voice as she brought her hands to her head. She looked up at Kokichi and Himiko with tears streaming from her eyes as if she were pleading for her life. "Help...meeeee..." she moaned. Her deep moans became unearthly growling as Miu began to transform. Instinctively, Kokichi pulled out his phone and began recording, hoping to use Miu's transformation as evidence. 

    Miu let out a painful screech and tossed her head back. Her teeth grew into long fangs. Her hair receded back into her scalp. Her ears became pointed, and her arms and legs grew larger, making her clothes explode off her body. Her hands and feet were replaced with giant paws and sharp, dagger-like claws at the tips. Her body was then covered with dark fur, as black as the night itself. She then let out an otherworldly bellow at Kokichi and Himiko.

   "Oookay, I think that's enough recording," Kokichi muttered as he stopped recording and slipped his phone back into his pocket. They were face-to-face with the creature, finally getting a good look at it after all this time. But they didn't have long to look at Miu's monstrous form as she lashed out at them. In a panic, Himiko dropped the food that she had been holding. Miu sniffed the boxes and recognized the smell of the chicken. She followed her nose to Himiko and smelled the food on her. Miu attacked Himiko, pinning her down. Himiko screamed as Miu roared in her face, sure that she was about to be eaten. In a fit of rage, Kokichi grabbed one of the dining hall chairs.