Things Get Magically DICE-y For Kokichi and Himiko (1)

Himiko was standing shyly outside of Gonta and Kokichi's bedroom door with a DVD case clutched closely to her chest. She thought that since she and Kokichi were growing a bit closer to each other everyday, he might want to do things other than pulling pranks with her. Himiko hesitantly raised her fist to the door and knocked timidly on it. After a few moments of silence, Himiko decided to try again, this time, forcing herself to knock a little louder. The door swung open, revealing a smiley Gonta.

   "Himiko, hi!" Gonta said cheerfully. "Nice to see you! Have you come to see Gonta's bugs?" 

  "Er...no, Gonta, sorry," Himiko replied, feeling a bit sorry for Gonta. Gonta's smile faltered a bit. 

  "Oh, um...you here to see Kokichi, then?" he asked quietly. Himiko nodded. 

  "Yeah, um...is he here?" she asked. Gonta nodded and invited Himiko in. She walked in to find Kokichi laying casually on his bed. He smiled cheekily when he saw her. She walked up shyly next to his bed.

   "What'cha got there, HimiCocoa Bean?" he asked, eyeing the DVD case that Himiko was clutching to her chest. 

  "Nyeh...well, I was w-wondering..." Himiko began timidly, trying to find the right words to say. "...if you're not too busy, um...do you wanna watch something with me?" 

   "Depends," Kokichi replied.

  "O-On what?" Himiko asked. 

  "What kind of 'something' it is," Kokichi said. 

  "Nyeh...i-it's just this..." Himiko replied quietly, showing Kokichi the cover of the DVD case which had Hamtaro on it. Kokichi made a face at it, much to Himiko's dismay. 

   "Hamtaro?" Kokichi asked. "No offense, Himiko, but I'm not really into Hamtaro. It's cute an' all, but it looks kinda boring." Himiko felt her heart plummet from her chest. 

  "Oh...that's okay," Himiko replied quietly, trying not to sound so sad. "I hear it's not that great, anyways," she added, shrugging. Himiko had never seen Hamtaro before, and she wanted to watch it for the first time with Kokichi. 

 "Is that all you wanted me for?" Kokichi asked rudely. 

  "...Pretty much," Himiko responded meekly. Kokichi looked at her with disappointment.

 "Blech! Come back when you have a prank idea, or something," Kokichi responded. "A GOOD one, mind you."  He waved his hand dismissively at her. Clutching the DVD case to her chest again, Himiko left the room without a word, Gonta staring after her with a sympathetic look on his face. Once Himiko got to her room, she shut the door and sorrowfully sat down on her bed, tears streaming down her eyes. 

 ***

  Later that afternoon, Himiko was in higher spirits. She had texted the only other person that she could think of who would want to watch Hamtaro with her: Gundham Tanaka. He made things all weird at first by getting kind of offended, but eventually Himiko was able to convince him to watch it with her. Filled with excitement, she got ready to go over to 7th Island House. She opened her door with an ecstatic swing, but her happy demeanor quickly faded as she saw Kokichi standing right in front of her doorway. 

  "Oh, um...hi, Kokichi," Himiko said in a quiet voice.

  "Hi! Hey, um...listen, Himiko..." Kokichi began, rubbing the back of his head bashfully. "About earlier today, I was just thinking, and...wait, what are you all dolled up for?" he asked, looking at Himiko's outfit. She was wearing a short, frilly white dress with a black sash and bow. On her feet were black flats, and in her hair was a black headband with a bow on the side.

  "Oh, I'm going over to see Gundham," Himiko explained. "I've decided to, um...watch Hamtaro with him, since, well, you know...hamsters."

   "You're getting all...'p-prettified' just for that?!" Kokichi exclaimed. "And for Gundham?! He's a weirdo!" 

  "Well, I'll be a guest, so I have to make myself look decent," Himiko pointed out. "But, um...anyways, I'd better go. I don't wanna be late." With a small smile at Kokichi, she walked past him and headed down the stairs. Kokichi stared after her in disbelief. He shook his head to come to his senses and went after her.

   "Well, um...when are you coming back?" he asked. 

  "Nyeh...I don't know," Himiko replied. "I guess it depends on how far we get." Kokichi looked at her with wide eyes full of shock and dismay.

  "How f-far you get?!" he asked incredulously.

  "Yeah...through each season," Himiko responded, eyeing at him with a confused look on her face. Kokichi seemed to sigh in relief. 

  "Oh...okay, then. Well, how many seasons are there?" Kokichi asked.

  "Twelve," Himiko responded. Kokichi's eyes bugged out at her.

  "You're g-going to watch them all...with Gundham?" he asked quietly. 

  "Nyeh...that's the plan," Himiko replied. "Well, I gotta go." She reached for her fluffy sweater on the coat rack. 

   "Um...I'll get that for you," Kokichi said, putting his hand on her arm to stop her. He pulled the sweater from the coat rack and draped it over Himiko's back. She put her arms through the sleeves and gave him a small smile.

   "Thanks," she said.

  "Y-Yeah," Kokichi replied, rubbing his arm. He rocked back and forth on his heels, wanting to say something, but he couldn't get the words out. When no sound came out of his mouth, Himiko gave him a small wave. He returned an awkward wave before she headed out the door. Pouting, Kokichi crossed his arms and huffed, shuffling his feet all the way back to his bedroom.