Himiko Helps Kokichi Write A Scandalous Love Letter (4)

As each class went by, Himiko looked at the clock anxiously. Lunchtime was approaching much sooner than she'd like, and she still needed a plan to come up with a good lie. If Kokichi was right about Kyoko and Shuichi questioning her, she had to not only come up with answers, but try and predict what questions they would ask her so that she could be prepared. She wasn't exactly sure what she was going to say to them, but she told herself over and over that she wasn't going to ruin this for Kokichi, so her brain was more focused on the prank than her schoolwork.

       "MISS YUMENO, I AM TALKING TO YOU!!!" the math teacher shouted, repeatedly tapping a ruler on Himiko's desk to get her attention. 

   "Nyeh! Sorry, sir," Himiko apologized. Some of the other students snickered at her. 

   "Miss Yumeno, if you continue to space out in class, I'm going to have to give you a lunch detention, are we clear?" the teacher threatened. 

   "Yes, sir," Himiko replied quietly. She hated being yelled at by teachers. 

   "Good! Now, tell me the answer to this question," the teacher pointed at some bizarre-looking math problem on the board. 

   "Um...I don't know, sir," Himiko mumbled, lowering her head in shame. The teacher sighed in frustration. 

  "Well, looks like you'll have lunch detention with me today then, miss Yumeno," the teacher finally said. Himiko would have usually wanted to cry at that point, but today, she felt lucky. She nodded her head at him. The bell rang for lunchtime, and Himiko sat there while the other students left the classroom. Another teacher came in and whispered something to the math teacher. He reluctantly stood up and faced Himiko. "Well, miss Yumeno, looks like you won't be having lunch detention today."

   "Sir??" Himiko exclaimed. The color drained from her face.

   "Something's come up, and I need to take care of it," the math teacher explained. "I can't have you in here by yourself, so you'll have lunch detention tomorrow instead. You're dismissed." The math teacher walked out of the classroom as Himiko hung her head in frustration.

   "Great," she muttered to herself. "Just when I thought things were going my way." She stood up and walked out of the classroom to go to the cafeteria. She got her lunch and sat down at an empty table. 

   "Himiko!" a voice called out to her. She turned to see Kokichi walking towards her table with a tray in his hands. "There you are! Where were you?" He sat down across from her.

   "Nyeh...I was supposed to be having lunch detention for spacing out in class, but my teacher had to go do something somewhere else, and so I had to leave," Himiko explained. Kokichi gave her a sneaky smile.

   "I bet you were relieved, weren't you?" he asked. 

   "Well...yeah, I didn't want to stay there without lunch," she lied. 

   "That's not what I meant," Kokichi kept smiling at her. "I meant that you were relieved when you had lunch detention so that you'd avoid being questioned by Kyoko and Shuichi." Himiko sighed. She found it very intriguing that Kokichi knew people so well and their secrets, but also really annoying when he exposed her secrets.