Chapter 113: Past, Present, Different Outcomes

The girls continued to talk for the rest of the night until one by one each of them began to fall asleep, leaving only DiMaria awake. She knew that in Fairy Tail she was safe but she couldn't shake that feeling of something bad is about to happen. To calm herself she stood up from her bed and sat on Natsu's and watched him as he slept. She sat there and admired him. Over the past several hundred years she's never felt the need to grab his attention or be affectionate with him. But for the past few weeks she's been wanting to be closer to him, hold him, and just be there next to him when he needed her. This is a first for DiMaria these feelings for her master, for her long time friend. They've fought numerous battles together, had many sparring matches, drank and ate together but never once did her heart beat as fast as it's beating at this very moment.

DiMaria: I've never been or acted like a girl. I don't do my makeup like Mira or Irene do. I don't dress like Lucy or Rias. I'm not as elegant as Grayfia, Venelana or Irene. I'm not even as flirtatious as Akeno, or Yasaka. But right now Natsu, right now what I'm feeling for you...I've never felt like this towards anyone else. I don't know if this is love or if it's just the current situation I am in.

She reaches for her Natsu's hand and placed it near her heart.

DiMaria: Right now I want you to just listen.

She closes her eyes and begins to relax. Her heart beat begins to slow down as feeling Natsu's touch calms her. At this moment Natsu begins to open his eyes and sees the blonde sitting in front of him. He follows his arm and sees he's connecting with her. He's a bit surprised by this but he focuses on listening to her heart. He can hear her heart beat. Suddenly DiMaria begins to hear another heart beat. She doesn't open her eyes she instead focuses on who's heart beat this is. At first the beats are irregular. But quickly the beats begin to unify and beat as one. She opens her eyes and sees Natsu looking at her with a smile. He motions to be quite.

DiMaria: Na..Natsu? Did you hear anything?

Natsu: No, just your heart.

He says with a smile. She's embarrassed because she thinks Natsu is lying and thinks he heard everything she told him. As she tries to pull away Natsu grabs her arm and pulls her towards him in bed. She is caught of guard by this as she tries to struggle out of his grip. But he just won't let go. After a few minutes she gives up.

DiMaria: Ugh fine..

She turns around and she is now facing him and he is facing her. The two simply look each other in the eyes. Her light brown eyes meeting his own.

DiMaria: How's your head feeling?

Natsu: It's better. Didn't expect Erza to be a violent drunk. She hits as hard as her mother.

DiMaria chuckles.

DiMaria: We both have felt her hits.

Natsu: Yeah..

They stay quiet not knowing what else to say. They look at each other again. This time without them touching there chest they can hear there own heart beats. Each heart beating at the same rhythm. The two of them lean closer, inching closer and closer towards each other until they finally met in the middle. There lips intertwine as they have finally kissed. Numerous times they have been interrupted but this time there's nothing stoping them. She reaches to grab his face to bring him in closer. Putting both her hands on his face she softly smooshes his cheeks making him chuckle in between there kiss. This being her first time ever kissing someone thousand of thoughts are rushing through her head.

Natsu: Relax

They separate feeling a bit embarrassed. Natsu smiles and removes a strand of her hair that's blocking him from seeing her face. This time he takes the lead.