Chapter 165: Formation of a New Alliance

Yasaka: Good evening Natsu.

Natsu: Yasaka...Yasaka is it really you...?

Yasaka lowers her kimono and shows Natsu the mark he gave her. His eyes widen seeing the mark, his eyes begin to get watery at the same time. He immediately goes up to her and gives her a big hug. Yasaka smiles and hugs him back the two embracing each other. Yasaka can softly hear Natsu's soft cry. Which makes her teary eyed too. She passes her hand by his head, making him know everything is okay.

Yasaka: It's okay...it's okay..I'm here now, I'm with you. I haven't forgotten about you.

Hearing that he tightens his grip around Yasaka even more.

Natsu: Yasaka...

Yasaka: Shh, shh, I know.

Ghislaine: Who's she?

Ghislaine asks Anna.

Anna: She's leader of the Youkai faction in Kyoto. Queen of the Youkai. Yasaka also known as the Nine Tailed Fox.

Maki: What's her relation to Natsu?

Anna: She's a member of his clan. A year ago Kyoto was attacked by another faction the Hero Faction. They wanted to control Yasaka and destroy the city while also maintaining control over her. But those plans got canceled quickly, thanks to Natsu. In the end she pledged her allegiance to Natsu, offered her help in any problems Natsu might encounter, even offered to marry him.

Maki: Marry?!

Anna: Mhmm.

Valkyrie: But wait a minute that mark near her neck. What is that?

Anna: It's a mark that signifies you're part of Natsu's clan. If he so wished if he could force Yasaka to bend the knee and she would be powerless to do otherwise. All of the other members of the clan have it. But due to the change in power. Irene now holds that power.

Natsu: Yasaka How...how are you not affected by the curse?

Yasaka: Come on my dear husband you know we Youkai have several protection spells against outside interference.

She says with a smile but her smile slowly disappears.

Yasaka: Because of that...I didn't know such a terrible thing occurred in Kyoto. My ignorance led to this curse taking over. My apologies...I should've extended the barrier to all of Kyoto.

Natsu: No no It's not your fault.

Yasaka: Thanks. But Kyoto is my city to protect and I failed at that.

Yoruichi: Don't go putting yourself down. I mean if you really think about it, all of Southern Japan was Natsu's to protect and look what happened.

Natsu: Oi!

The others softly laughed, this made everyone else feel a bit better.

Yoruichi: So anything new while I was gone?

No one said anything as the bad news kept on coming.

Anna: We recently found out the one who placed the curse Zeref. Handed my ancestor a book.

Yoruichi: A book? What kind of book?

Anna: .....

Anna doesn't say anything instead she looks towards Natsu. This made Yoruichi, Harribel and Yasaka look toward him.

Yasaka: Natsu. What kind of book?

Natsu: It's something I wrote over my life span. A book where I wrote everything I did, the people I've met, and the horrible things I committed.