Chapter 171: Invasion III

News spread about the incoming invasion. The entire island of Southern Japan prepared themselves for the fight that is awaiting them. Guilds around the island began to evacuate those who can not fight and gave them shelter. Law enforcement also helped local guilds in evacuation and also provided there buildings as shelter. Schools and hospitals also became shelters for the civilians. News reached the city in which Grayfia and the others were staying as they prepared to defend the southern part of the island. Kyoto, Tokyo, Akihabara, Osaka and other major cities also prepared themselves. No one knew if this invasion would last days, weeks or even possibly months. Rias, Azazel and Gabriel got word of what is going on and sent troops to major cities to defend them while Tokyo University became a shelter once more. It was thanks to Mavis's quick reaction to inform everyone on the island that they were able to prepare for this invasion. Everyone knew Kyoto was going to be defended by the local guilds mostly Fairy Tail. Tokyo remained a question as to whom would defend it. Tokyo being the major city in which most of the city's growth began after the islands split. But this time Kyoto became the focal point. Mavis came up with a plan to send most of the fire power to Tokyo to trick Zeref into thinking the ultimate power was located in Tokyo. Her best bet was that when Natsu arrived his friends and him would pick up on her plan and also join in the fight there. If things where to hit south, Mavis would contact Natsu and he would come to protect the guild. Mira also contacted Mavis and let her know the Etherious demons where to defend there side of the island as she was on her way back.
Natsu on the hand arrived back at the apartment along with Yoruichi and Yasaka. He informed everyone of what the current situation is. They were all shocked but saw this coming.

Natsu: You guys seem like you knew this was going to happen.

Anna: Natsu...there's something we have to tell you.

He looks at Anna as she's about to tell him the news.

Anna: Esdeath, and Albedo. They knew about all of this. The invasion, they knew about us, they knew everything.

Natsu lets out a sigh of relief. Which confused everyone.

Natsu: Yeah I saw this coming.

Maki: You did? Why didn't you say anything to stop them?

Natsu: I guess..I just wanted to see if they could change. I thought that by showing them the bright side of things they can change there minds.

Yoruichi: See why I told you not to make a move so early on Maki.

Witch: How did you know?

Natsu: When I first met Albedo and Esdeath. When we were on our way to the house. I immediately picked up on Esdeath scent. She's related to that ice guy who froze me. Also Albedo, she reeked of fallen angel.

Valkyrie: Why are we not surprised.

Ghislaine: So what do you plan on doing? You're not going to let the island get invaded are you?

Natsu: No I'm not. This island, this land has been my home for over 400 years. It's home to millions of others who have spent there lives here. There is history on this land. Not only my parents but your parents and everyone here where born and raised here. I may not be king of my people, I may not be clan leader, but I will not allow Zeref to invade and destroy my home.

Everyone listens to Natsu's passionate speech and all smile. Maki is the first to stand up.

Maki: I don't have a problem going to war. My friends live here, all of you have become my friends as well. So I'm in. Just as long as you leave Esdeath to me.