Chapter 198: Fire Dragon vs. Immortal Empreor

With the defeat of The Calamity, August. A weird eerie feeling of peace was felt. The entire southern island of Japan was in complete silence, for a brief time. The battle between August and Natsu sent shockwaves around the island, made the earth shake from two powerful beings colliding with each other. When Natsu landed on the ground the skies parted and out came the moon or what was left of it. Minutes later the sun began to slowly rise over the horizon signaling that morning is here. He turns his attention to Esdeath and Maki who is being held up by Esdeath to comfort her. He slowly makes his way to both women while at the same time healing himself. Esdeath is in total shock seeing that August the strongest wizard among the Spriggan 12 was defeated by Natsu. She looks at him as his body is emitting steam indicating his healing powers are active. He arrives to both girls and kneels down on one knee. He passes his hand by Maki's head running his fingers through her hair. She lets out a small whimper and slowly opens her eyes.

Maki: Hey...good to see you're..back.

She begins to cough and hold her side.

Esdeath: hey easy, don't move around a lot. I barely made the bleeding stop.

Natsu passes his hand over her wound. His flames melt the ice and begins to heal her. The wound closes, which prevent any further blood loss as well as ease her pain.

Natsu: My healing abilities work best on myself more than others. I'm sorry I can only do this much.

Maki: Don't worry. I may look bad now, but I'm a tough girl. I can handle it. Thank you though..

Natsu nods his head. A soft cold breeze is felt which makes both Esdeath and Natsu look towards the north in the direction of Fairy Tail. Natsu stands up still looking north. Just before he takes a step Esdeath toggles onto his coat preventing him for moving. He looks down towards her.

Esdeath: Wait for your friends. Zeref is dangerous. Now that he has the ultimate power with him, he has become unpredictable.

Natsu gives Esdeath a warm delicate smile. He looks towards both of his hands. He opens them and closes them a few times. Then turns his attention back to Esdeath.

Natsu: I have everyone I need. They may be far, they may have forgotten who I am. But deep in here.

He points to his heart.

Natsu: Deep in my heart they will always be with me. I know what I'm fighting for, knowing that I can overcome any obstacle. So don't worry about me.

He pats Esdeath's head. Which makes her blush and feel embarrassed.

Natsu: Go to Kyoto. My fian..ahem. I mean I have friends there who can treat your wounds.

He begins to walk away from both woman but before he leaves he stops and looks up.

Natsu: One more thing. Don't fight with your brother, you two are family. Family shouldn't fight. You never know when things can change.

With that he uses his flash step to make it to Fairy Tail, leaving both women there.

Maki: I knew I made the right choice.

She says arrogantly.

Esdeath: Choice? What do you mean? Are you two a thing?

Maki: A thing? We're more than that.

Esdeath: More?! What do you mean by that?!

Maki begins to laugh at her while Esdeath gets annoyed but soon laughs as well.
Meanwhile at the guild, the transfer of power is almost complete. Mavis is barely able to stand due to her loosing strength. But in the midst of this, before August was defeated both Zeref and Mavis felt something very odd. A weird sensation of lost, which confused them both. They felt as if something was taken from them. A weird and empty feeling inside. They felt sadness. Soon after a powerful gust of wind is felt even way deep below the guild. Zeref immediately looks up as he can't feel August presences anymore. So he decided to speed up the process. After about thirty minutes a loud thunderous explosion is heard from the main entrance of the guild. A sudden heatwave made its way all the way through the guild even in the deepest part of it. Both Zeref and Mavis looked towards the entrance of the room they were in which held the Lunine Hestorie. The sounds of footsteps can be heard getting louder and louder and the heatwave kept getting stronger and stronger. The footsteps stop for a short while. Then another sound is heard. Out from the corner of the entrance Natsu appears. He looks directly at Zeref, as finally they are meeting in person.