CHAPTER 6: LUNCH DATE?

Madison's point of view

I had a better week at work and spent most of my off time locked in my room or at Emma's.  I was happy that it was Saturday. Emma's grandma had broken her hip and so she and her mom had to unexpectantly leave to go be with her grandma. I was in a great mood, a beautiful day outside, not too hot a little chilly and I had a good walk to work. I had had a pretty good week, hadn't ran into anyone, and was looking forward to the day at work.

Things were going well, until I heard the bell, meaning someone had come in.  Sabrina was at the front counter, but I still looked, and it was Tom Hanson again. I thought oh no, why am I suddenly now having to see Tom all the time. I flashed back to telling Emma. I thought to myself, maybe I won't tell Emma about this, I mean she gave me such a hard time about it last time I told her I saw him, saying how I was going to get a romance with him. Like that is the craziest silliest insane thing ever. Never going to happen.

I managed to position myself behind a cabinet, but where I could sneak a peek at him. I mean he was so hot. Sabrina didn't know I was there, and she asked if she could help him, as he had walked to the counter.

I decided I would go back further down the hall, just because he was headed to the counter, but close enough to hear their conversation. 

Tom scratched back of his head, he said, 'yes I need to talk to Mallory."  Sabrina looked and saw me standing there where he couldn't see.  She gave me a nod, and a smile.

  I felt sick. I mean why is he wanting to talk to me? Why would he come in here to talk to me? What could he want? Did Tara send him? Is this a trick? Why won't she leave me alone? My mind was racing. Maybe I heard him wrong. That must be it. He has me all upset, and I'm imagining things. Maybe he really isn't even here. I look.  No he's here alright.

I heard Sabrina say, "I'm sorry, but we don't have a Mallory that works here,"

 Tom said, "oh um I saw her in here the other day."   He scratched back of his head.

 She said, 'We have a Madison that works here"

 Tom said, "her last name Brady" 

She said, 'yes that is her" 

Tom said, "oh ok, well is she working today?"  I was begging Sabrina to say no. Shaking my hands at her no.  She smiled.

Valerie asked me to take the puppy back that just came in for his shots. So, I was relieved. Hoping Sabrina would get rid of him. I mean Sabrina would get rid of him; I was sure. I had made it clear to her with me waving my hands like a crazy person no, so she would simply lie and say that I was off.  I took a deep breath, and thanked Valerie for letting me take the puppy back, because she only did that to get me away from up front. I thanked her, and she smiled, she said, "you're welcome, but he's pretty hot, and he came in to talk to you, you sure you don't want to talk to him"

 I said, "I'm positive, absolutely positive."

I took the puppy to the room, stayed there with him, until the vet came in, then went back up front. Much to my shock, and horror Tom was sitting there in one of the chairs reading a magazine. I thought to myself oh no why didn't he leave.  Sabrina saw me. She came and took me into one of the open rooms. 

I said, 'What is he still doing here?  Didn't you tell him I was off today?"  

She said, 'no I mean he's pretty hot, and you like him, don't you?"  

I said, 'yes he is hot, and yes I like him, but you don't understand" 

She said, 'well just go see what he wants."