CHAPTER 31: 4TH OF JULY

Tom and I were woken up early by Molly running and jumping on the bed. Landing on Tom. She was so excited because it was the 4th.  She came running in yelling wake up Tommy. Tom rolled his eyes at me, because I started laughing.

  Tom said, "I'm awake Molly."

Tom said, 'why are you up so early and so excited. Is it Christmas already" 

She hit his arm.  She said, 'No Tommy" She laughed.  So, did I.

She said, 'Tommy, will you help me do some of my fireworks, this morning" 

Tom laughed.  

He said, "Molly it's too early. Don't you want to save them for tonight."  

She said, "I want to do some this morning." 

 Tom said, "ok I guess we can go back if you want, and I will get you more for tonight."  

 Tom is so sweet with her.

They had got so many fireworks the other day, I have never had any fireworks, so I was just shocked by how much they spent on them.  Tom wanted to make the day  special for me, so he insisted I pick out some. I told him I didn't know anything about them or how to shoot them, he said not to worry he would do it for me. 

Molly said, "Madison will you come with us?" 

 I said, 'Yes" 

Tom said, 'yeah she has to go." 

 I said, "I do." 

 He said, 'yep since you are going to be getting more fireworks for yourself." 

 I said, "Tom, you already got me so many" 

he said, 'Didn't you say this is your first holiday to ever celebrate."

  I said, "yes. But just being here with you and your family, is celebrating enough for me. just watching you guys, I am going to have the best day ever. Actually, I want to buy you some." 

 Tom said, "Madison we went over this yesterday. You're not spending your money on me."  

I said, 'I am or I'm not going"

 Tom rolled his eyes.  I said, 'I mean it Tom."  

Molly said, "Can we go get donuts Tommy"

 Tom smiled.  He said, "yes let me go take a shower and get dressed." 

 I said, 'So can I buy some" 

Tom said, "I suppose I'll let you,"

Molly was sitting on my lap with one of her books she had ran and got, so I was reading to her.  Tom came in. He said, "we can go as soon as you two get dressed."  

Molly said, "I'll be back." She ran to her room.

I said, "She is the sweetest, and watching you with her it's just really sweet Tom, how you are with her.  I really think you'd be a great girl dad for some lucky girl." 

 He said, "like I told you the other day, kids and babies aren't in my future."  

I said, "right I know."

Tom said, "You ok"

 I said, 'Fine. I just am a little worried."  

Tom said, "why?"  

I said, "Because this party is a big deal for your parents. I don't want to mess it up or embarrass them. What will your parent's friends think about you dating me of all people" 

He said, "Madison stop, don't put yourself down. You need to stop listening to what bullies like Tara and your mom say. They are both bad people. Don't worry about the party. I will be right by your side ."