CHAPTER 18: GOING TO THE MALL

Tom pulled up to the bank and parked. 

 I said, 'Tom I don't know are you sure it's ok for me to go in wearing these clothes" He smiled. 

 he said, "yes Maddie you look great."  

Mike said, 'actually best those clothes have ever looked" 

Tom shot him a look.  I said, 'But Hanson is on them, what will people think. Probably will call the police." 

 Tom laughed.  He said, 'um ok why would they call the police, are you trying to say that I'm like a bank robber."  

I said, 'oh no I meant they might think I stole them" Tom laughed.  So did Mia and Molly.  

Mia said, '"don't worry you look cute."  

Tom said, 'Madison it's fine, here I'll go in with you ok."

  He got out and helped me out of the back seat.  

Mia said, 'Maddie, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to date my brother. I mean not too romantic making you sit in the back seat."  Tom rolled his eyes.  

He said, "Mia I offered."  She laughed.

We went in the bank.  Tom took my hand.

 Mike said, 'Your brother sure is falling for her, isn't he?"

  Mia and Molly laughed, Mia said, 'yes, he was staring at her nonstop during breakfast" 

Molly said, 'Mia told him to take a picture of her, but mommy told Mia to stop talking"

 Mike laughed. Molly said, 'before she came down, we were saying Tommy's in love." 

 Mike laughed. So did the girls

I said, "Tom, aren't you embarrassed."

  He smiled.  He said, 'no why should I be." 

 I said, 'What if someone in here knows you or knows your parents I mean Tom you're the star quarterback and high school football is big in this town, I'm sure everyone recognizes you." 

He said, 'Why should I be embarrassed."

  I said, 'To be seen in here with me and I'm wearing your clothes. If you want to like act like you're not in line with me." 

 He laughed.  He said, "Maddie I am with you. I can't get in line. This isn't my bank"

 I said, ' Oh, right well I'm so sorry."  

He said, "Madison no one is staring at you. I'm not embarrassed ok. You look great. Mike was right, best my clothes have looked."  He smiled.  That smile that makes me weak

I got money out and then we left and got to the mall.  I was worrying the whole way. The closer we got I felt sick. I knew that the mall would be crowded, and probably with lots of kids who know Tom and they would see. 

Mia said, "Madison what's wrong" Tom looked back at me.

  I said, 'nothing" We got there.  

Tom said, 'Mike can you and Molly and Mia go on in., I need to talk to Madison" They left.

Tom and I were walking.  

He said, 'you ok"

 I said, "I feel sick."  

He said, 'Why you look great. I'm not lying Madison"

 I said, 'Well what are people going to say, I mean Tom what will you say if they ask you why I am wearing your clothes. People will probably think I stole them"