CHAPTER 92: OUR VALENTINE'S DANCE

Tom said, "Rain, I wish I could stay in here with you."  I said, 'yeah me too."  He said, "but I guess I better go to my room."  Tom got up.  He said, 'Thank you for my bowling ball and my new bag. I can't believe you got this for me. It is so expensive."  I said, "I'm glad you like it."  He said, "like it, I love it."  I said, 'Thank you for my book, Tommy. I didn't even realize it was out yet."  He smiled. I said, "Thank you for all of my gifts."  He said, "I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day Madison" I said, "I did. Thanks to you."  He kissed my cheek.  

Next morning, Tom and I went downstairs.  I had made up the card for Tom's mom and dad, using gold lettering, and asked Tom if he wanted to give it to her, but he said no you go on.  

She said "you kids thank you so much.   She hugged us.  

She said, "Madison this is for you, from us girls."  Molly, Mia said, "open it Maddie."  I said, "you guys."  

Tom smiled.  He said, "open it Rain, let's see what you got."  I said, "Do you know" he said, "no"

I opened it.  It was a card, that said I had an appointment at the fancy hair salon at the mall, for whatever I wanted, wash, style, and nails, and makeup. It said that Emma could go to and it's paid for."  I cried.  Tom said, "let me see."  I showed him.  I said, "you guys thank you so much."

Mia said, "Madison, we feel really bad. We have messed up both of your dances. First me" Molly said, "then me."  Margaret said, "And I feel really bad because we should have come home earlier, so that you didn't have to miss your dance. Tonight, we want your dance to be perfect."  I cried and hugged them.  I said, "you guys didn't mess up anything. I love you. You are all so much more important than a dance, so please don't feel bad. I need to call Emma and see if she will go with me."

Emma was excited. She came over and Mia and Molly wanted to know if they could go with us. Margaret said, "you girls never give Madison a break."  I said, "it's really ok, if you don't care."  They said, "please mom" She said, "it's ok with me."

Tom told us to have fun.  Tom worked out.  His mom had gone to the store, and his dad had come home for a little while to eat lunch.  Tom was nervous. His dad said, "Son you ok" Tom said, "just trying not to chicken out dad, I'm going to ask Madison to be my real girlfriend tonight."  Thomas said, "I'm glad that you are. I know you're afraid but just remember no matter what, keep your cool, and even if she says no, it's not a permanent no ok. She just might be scared. But I'm hoping and praying she tells you she feels the same."  Tom said, "Thanks dad."

We were waiting in the salon, sitting looking at magazines.  Emma said, "Madison are you going to get a new hair style or just a wash and dry."  I said, "i don't know what do you think I should do."  Molly said, "Madison you look beautiful" I said, "Thank you sweetie."  Emma said, 'I don't know what does your man prefer" I said, "What" She said, "Tommy, does he like your hair down or to one side or up?"  I said, "I don't know."  She laughed.  She said, "I will find out."  I said, "Emma."

She called Mike. She knew he was going over to Tom's to workout.  Mike said, "hey baby" She said, "hey are you at Tom's."  He said, "yes."  She said, "Can you do me a favor" I said, "Emma no" the girls were laughing.  Mike said, "Sure."  Emma said, "Can you please ask Tom how he likes Madison's hair."  Mike laughed.  I said, "oh my God Emma."  She laughed.  She said, "Madison is going to kill me. But, since we are at this salon, we kind of need to know, does he like her hair down, or up" Mike laughed.  He said, "I'll ask."  Mike said, "Hanson, Emma is wanting to know how do you like Madison's hair."  Tom said, "I love it."  Mike laughed.  He said, 'no I mean she wants to know, do you like it better down, or pulled up."  Tom said, "oh down for sure. definitely down" Mike laughed.  He said, "Em he said down for sure."  She said, "Thank you. If I don't make it out of here alive, it's because Madison killed me."  He laughed.