CHAPTER 117: PROPOSAL

Tom drove to the beach.  I looked at him. He was staring straight ahead and quiet. Hadn't said a word since we pulled out of the school.  I was staring at him, but he didn't seem to notice. Usually when he's driving and I look at him, he looks at me and smiles.

I noticed he was sweating. Even more now than earlier. His face, his hands even.

I thought why is he so nervous. Oh maybe he has changed his mind about waiting for sex.  Or he wants to ask me to do what he does to me to him. That must be it.  My mind is going there, what it will be like. Fantasizing about it.  Now I'm nervous and excited and afraid. I mean Tom is the sweetest man I've ever met. The way he makes me feel so special. And he has given up sex for a year, and I want him to be pleased. I want him to feel the way I do, but what if I can't. 

We pull into the beach.  Tom shuts off the car.  He doesn't move. Doesn't say anything, is looking straight ahead.  he is like having trouble breathing I think, because he keeps kind of gasping for air, or taking deep breaths.

Tom says, "Madison"

I said, "Tommy I want this to be so good for you. I want to be able to have it be the best, but I'm scared that it won't be, if you just be patient, I'll try and learn quick"

Tom stared at me. With the weirdest look on his face.

Tom cleared his throat.  He said, "Madison uh what are you talking about, I was just going to ask you if you were ready to get out."

I said, "oh I thought you were going to ask me something else."

Tom scratched back of his head.  He said, "uh what did you think I was going to ask"

I said, "Tom it doesn't matter. So you then were wanting to get out of the car?"

Tom stared at me. His face. I couldn't read it.  Like maybe a look of shock.

Tom said, "um yeah, what are you saying that you don't want to get out of the car. Why?  Oh no, are you not wanting to be at the beach? Madison, I thought you loved this beach? I thought you would want to come here? I thought this was the perfect spot?"

Tom is rambling, firing off all these questions so fast. Not letting me answer.

I touch his arm.  I said, "Tom stop a minute.  Yes I love this beach. I'm shocked that we are even here that you went and met the owners and asked them and they said yes. It's always going to be a perfect spot for me, this is my first date, my first kiss."

Tom took a deep breath.  He said, "ok then I don't understand why did you say you don't want to get out of the car. I really wasn't prepared for this dammit."

Why is he getting all upset?

I said, "Tom I never said that I didn't want to get out of the car. I just thought that you were wanting to stay in the car."

Tom said, "What why would you think that?"

I said, "Because of the security camera footage."  Tom ran his hands through his hair a couple times.  He said, "Madison I don't understand."

I said, "Tom, I thought you were wanting us to have sex, or if not sex you were wanting me to um go down on you."  Tom choked.  He turned red.  Then he grabbed his water bottle and chugged half of the water in it. Then looked at me, then drank the rest of it.  

Not sure how to take Tom's reaction to that, but I guess that is not what he was bringing me here for.

I said, "I guess not. I'm so sorry."  I turned and looked out the window.

Tom said, "Madison don't be sorry. No. I didn't bring you here for that. Or to make out. I told you I want to wait. And I also have told you that I have hardly any self control with you, so you can't do that to me either."