CHAPTER 85: TOM AND HIS DAD

Tom went home.  He was sitting on the porch with Baylie.  She could sense he was upset, so she wanted to lick his face, and then put her head on his lap and let out soft cries.  Tom said, "thank you Baylie I don't know what to do. If I tell her, and she ends the deal, and wants to move out, it won't just be me hurting, you love her so much, Molly, Mia."

Tom had his head down on Baylie's head, petting her.  Tom's dad pulled up and walked to them, but Tom never lifted his head.  He said, "Tom"    Tom looked up.  He said, 'hey dad."  Thomas said, "I just came home to get some paperwork I left, but are you ok"    Tom said, "not really."  Thomas said, "what's wrong."  Tom said, "I don't want to keep you from work. But I do need to talk to you., man to man."  Thomas said, "Son, I can take a break. Let's go inside and talk."  He put his arm around Tom, and they went inside.  Baylie got one of her dental bones and went and laid down.

They went to the kitchen and sat down at the table.  Tom said, "I need your advice, not as my dad, but I need to know what you would do as a man."  

Thomas said, "is this about Maddie and that guy Dennis?":  Tom said, "no. I mean I'm still worried about Dennis, and if he is going to move back, and want to be with Madison, but it's not about that. It's about what happened to me today at the Pizza Shack."  Thomas said, "ok"

Tom said, "I need your advice on whether I should tell Madison, because If I do, I think she is going to want to end our deal, and possibly our friendship, and not want to stay here, which will break not just my heart, but Molly's heart, Mia's heart, and Baylie's heart I can't lose her dad. Her friendship means everything to me. She sees good in me, and makes me see it too" Thomas said, "I see the change in you since Madison came into your life, there is light in your eyes, and you seem to be happier than I've ever seen you, and at peace."  Tom nodded.  Thomas said, "But your mom and I have always told you, you were too hard on yourself, and you were a good man" Tom nodded.

Tom said, "I messed up dad. Big time. I'm afraid it is going to cost me Madison's friendship" 

Tom said, "I should have gone with Madison today, she wanted me to go and meet Dennis, and part of me wanted to go, but the other part of me, knew that if I went, I'd probably not be able to control my temper, and start a fight with Dennis, which would hurt Madison. She loves the guy. And I don't blame her for that. I'm so grateful to him for saving her from the gang rape, but at the same time, he represents a threat to our friendship. If he were to come back, and want her back, I can't stand in her way of having what she wants, and then she would end the deal, I'd look like a fool to everyone at school, if she dumped me for Dennis.":  Thomas said, "Do you think she wants to be with him?"  Tom said, "she says she doesn't. She says she will stay in our deal."

Tom said, "I didn't go because I thought it would make things worse for me, if I got mad at him, but I should have gone. I never should have put myself in this position"

Tom said, "I met the guys at Pizza Shack. And actually, they were all razzing me about being miserable and missing Maddie. I mean usually we spend every Saturday together, so I missed her, and I mean I was worried about what is happening."

Thomas said, "I can see that. But I don't think you need to worry; I mean she invited Mia and Molly."

Tom nodded.  Thomas said, "Do you want to tell me what happened at Pizza Shack" Tom said, "This girl Kris, she's one of the cheerleaders, came and sat down at my table, and we were talking. You know small stuff, just about college next year, did I know where I was going, did she know. Then all of a sudden, she let it be known that she wanted to leave with me and go have sex."

Thomas said, "oh I see. " Tom said, "Dad wait, by the look on your face, let me finish ok before you say something."  Thomas nodded.

Tom said, "I told her no. I told her I have a girlfriend, and she told me that she wouldn't tell her, she wouldn't tell anyone, and she was trying run her hand up my leg to my, anyway I removed her hand several times, and told her no several times, and that I love my girlfriend.  I mean i do love Maddie, she's my best friend, I'd never want to lose her friendship dad, I've never had a friendship like this,"