CHAPTER 81: OUR FIRST TRIP

We have had a busy December. I hate that it is going so fast. I want to savor each second. I feel like it is flying by.  

We had to go to all the 4 homes to decorate for the holiday tour. All the homes were so beautiful.  Tom and his dad and the other husbands and sons did the outside decorating, while us girls and the women did the inside decorating.  Of course, all the women in Margaret's club had teenage daughters, who were all crushing on Tom and the other boys that were helping. Mike and Damian and Brad and Paul helped as well.  Emma came with Mia, and Molly, and I to help.  The girls kept gushing over how hot Tom was and kept finding reasons to go outside.  Emma told me to ignore them.  Finally, Emma and Mia started in on them, telling them that they looked like fools, because Tom's girlfriend is sitting right here. We had a pizza party after getting them decorated. The girls were trying to flirt with Tom, but he didn't pay any attention.

Molly was upset, and not talking much. All of the girls were saying how cute she was and asking her about her baby and what her name was, but she wasn't talking.  I asked her what was wrong, but she said nothing.  We had gone to Pizza Hut to eat, and Tom asked her if she wanted to go play songs. He had quarters.  She nodded.  She said she had to go to the bathroom.  I told her I would take her.  Tom said, "hey Mia can you please take her. I need talk to Rain" She did.

Tom took my hand, and we went to the jukebox.  I leaned against it, and he leaned over me. He said, "hey you have any idea what's wrong with Molly?"  I said, "no. I thought she was having fun decorating."  Tom said, "she told you she was fine, but she's not. I'll ask her."  I said, "ok."  He said, "while I have you cornered here can I get a hug" He grinned.  I laughed.  I said, "yes" He hugged me. His head in my neck. I saw Mia and Molly.  I said, "hey Molly your brother is waiting for you."  Tom picked her up. I said, "Mia let's go back" We went back to the table.  

Tom said, "Molly will you tell me what's wrong?"  She nodded.  She said, "those girls were saying bad things Tommy" He said, "What were they saying," She said, "That they wanted you and Madison to break up" Tom said, "I see, well thank you for telling me. But don't you worry about that, I'm not going to be breaking up with Madison. Molly did Madison hear them" She nodded. He said, "I'm sorry that you heard that and got upset. But don't worry I love Madison. I'm not going to lose her" She hugged and kissed him.  She came back in a good mood, laughing about Tommy teasing her.

Tom took us for ice cream.  Then Mia took Molly inside.  Tom asked if I wanted to go for a drive.  We went to our spot at the park.  I said, "Tommy, did you find out what was wrong with Molly."  He said, "yeah I did."  I said, "Well you sure cheered her up. She was back to her normal self."  Tom said, "Why didn't you tell me" I said, "Tell you what" He said, "Rain, don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about."  I said, "I don't. I told you I didn't know what was wrong with Molly."  He said, "I know you didn't, but you did know that those girls were saying stuff about me" I said, "oh yeah that they thought you were hot, and couldn't wait until we broke up" I looked away.  He said, "Madison, I'm sorry about that."  I said, "it's ok It's not your fault" He said, "Why didn't you come tell me" I said, "Tom" He said, "Madison, I need to know when this happens ok. I don't want you upset."

The open house was a huge success. We had so much fun. The whole week leading up to it, us girls did baking. Cookies, no bake cookies, brownies, little cheesecake bites. Tom loved it because he was our official taste tester.  We made fudge, little cakes, cinnamon rolls. The other women and their daughters came over to help us bake, so they were all happy going to get to be at Tom's house, seeing Tom.  Tom had basketball practice each night, so when he came home. He came into the kitchen. He said, "Hey Maddie."  I went and gave him a hug. He kissed me. He gave me a long hug.

It was rainy and cold the Saturday morning.  Tom and I took the tickets at the door, and Mia was one of the ones who did the food table.  I was wearing his football hoodie. He said, "you are still freezing huh Rain" I nodded.  He smiled.  He said, "guess I will have to warm you up."  He hugged me and was kissing me.  The girls gave me a dirty look.  I laughed when I saw.  I figured that was why he was kissing me so much.  Tom kept sending me over to buy him some of the things we made.  He kept telling me which ones to bring back.  I laughed. Because he was spending so much money buying what we made. He said he couldn't help that he had a girlfriend that was such a good cook. Tom's mom thanked us for all the help, said this year they made the most money. The fact that we helped so much meant so much to her. She hugged us.