CHAPTER 44: FACEBOOK OFFICIAL

Tom pulled into his drive.  Tom opened my door.  I said, 'Tom, you really don't think you missed seeing a sign, did you?"  He shook his head. He scratched back of his head.  

He said, "I don't know how I could have; I mean I went there during the day early in the week, but you are right it looks untouched."  We laughed.  We went inside still laughing.

Tom's parents were sitting watching tv.  Tom's mom said, "hi kids, so how was the date?"

  Tom said, 'great at least I think I hope you thought it was good."

  He looked at me.  I said, 'It was perfect."  

Tom said, 'Except for the rain, I feel really bad."

  I said, 'it's fine, even the rain couldn't ruin this night, but it did ruin my hair. I must look terrible." 

 Tom's mom said, 'you don't. I'm so glad that you guys had fun."   

 I said, 'the rain did make me a little chilly, I think a hot bath sounds so good. If you will excuse me."  Tom's parents told me good night. I went upstairs.

Tom said goodnight to his parents, then he came into the room as I was getting my pajamas.  Tom said, "hey" 

 I said, 'hey."

  He said, "my phone is still blowing up from being tagged." 

 I said, "yeah I'm sure, everyone is horrified by your choice of a date."  I looked down.  

Tom said, "hey not everyone" 

 I said, 'Tom thank you for tonight."  I kissed his cheek.  Making his face burn.  I left the room.

  I went to the bathroom and called Emma. 

She said, "ok so I have been patiently going crazy waiting for you to call and give me full details, so start talking girl" 

 We laugh.  I said, "oh my God Emma, it was magical, and perfect, and I screamed he kissed me." 

 She said, "like the other night at the party." 

 I said, "no Emma, he kissed me, a real kiss."  We both scream.  Then laugh.

She said, 'I need details. How was it, your first kiss by your prince." 

 I laughed.  I said, "everything I dreamed it would be, I mean it was slow, sweet, then he deepened the kiss. It was strong, powerful, earth shaking, mind blowing, fireworks going off, electricity." 

 We laughed.  She said, "So he's a good kisser huh"

 I said, "yes, and I know he's good at a lot more, makes me so sad I have to stop thinking about him like that"

 She said, "No you don't" 

I said, "Emma, I will never know what it's like to be with him, it's making me torture myself thinking of it"

 She said, "I think you will be with him. Mike told me Tom's never been a romantic, and he just planned out a very sweet romantic date." 

 I said, "for show Emma the date that is part of the plan, to make Tara and her friends think he's fallen in love for the first time. Because everyone who knows him, knows he has not ever been a romantic guy. Never planned any romantic date. And I mean his planned worked. Because his phone has nonstop blown up just from the tag that Mike posted, when Tom posts all the pics from our date on his Facebook page, it will blow up."

Emma said, 'I am sure, and do you have pics, because I want to see them now before you post. I'm going crazy."

  I laughed. I said, 'yeah, I took pics of everything, the table, food, I mean the setting was just beautiful, the sun going down, the water, was just picture-perfect scene"