CHAPTER 78: SHARING BIG LIFE MOMENTS

It was Friday. Tom woke up and went and took a shower.  I got up and went to the guest room to get dressed.  I was brushing my hair.  Tom came and stood in the door watching me. For how long I don't know.

Tom said, "Rain you really are going to wear my jersey" I turned quickly. I hate it when he does that, I mean he is not really sneaking up on me but still.

I said, "yes it's Friday. Friday is jersey day."  Tom had a huge smile on his face.  I said, 'if that's still ok with you. I don't want to embarrass you."  I walked over to him.

He was pure perfection. I am still amazed how this man seems to get hotter by the day.

He had no shirt, his jeans on, and his hair was wet, which drives me insane, and his hair was in his eyes.

Tom said, "Trust me it's more than fine with me, and you could not embarrass me. It means a lot to me Madison, especially since we lost."  I said, "well you are the winner as far as I'm concerned."  He smiled.  He said, "I definitely am. I mean I got you for my best friend." He smiled. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a hug

Tom said, "i got to go finish getting dressed. See ya downstairs." He left.

I went downstairs. I gave both Mia and Molly a hug.  They both had eaten breakfast and headed up to finish getting dressed and ready for school.

Tom's mom said, 'Maddie, do you and Tommy have plans tonight?"  I said, 'no, not that I know of."  She said, 'Do you think you could do me a big favor."  I said, 'Sure" She said, "I thought it was covered with Thomas being off, but one of his officers called in, so he is going to have to work tonight. I need a babysitter for Molly. If you have plans, I can try and call" I said, 'no, I love to watch Molly."  She said, "thank you so much. I have my club meeting tonight, and it's about our fundraiser so I really can't miss it."

I said, "no problem." Tom came downstairs.  He said, "morning mom" She said, "Thomas."  She fixed his plate.  I said, 'Tom, we are babysitting Molly tonight."   He said, 'Cool"  

I said, "Margaret, what is your fund raiser."  She said, "oh every year we have holiday home tours"  I said, "oh I've went to some of those with Emma. All the homes are so beautiful."  She said, "yes, we donate the money to two of our favorite charities.  The Safe house for battered and abused women and children, and then the Youth Pregnancy Center."  I said, "Those are such wonderful charities. Margaret, I would love to help you in any way with this home tour. I mean if there was something I could do."  She said, "of course honey, we would love the help"

I said, "I don't have any friends, just Tom and Emma, so I can't probably sell many tickets, but I could sell some at the vet clinic, and maybe to our customers."  She said, 'Thank you" I said, 'But maybe I could help out more. I mean I could try and get a ride from Emma or Tommy maybe to go around and put-up fliers in the businesses, and I could bake cookies and cakes."  She said, "thank you so much"   The girls left for school with their mom.

Tom and I were in the school parking lot. I was sitting on his car. He was leaning over me.  Tom said, 'you're pretty amazing" I said, "Why" He said, 'how you not only offered to babysit Molly, but you want to help my mom with her home tour." I said, "Tom, that's not amazing."  He said, "it is, most girls would not want to be willing to do all that work, without pay."  I said, 'Tom, please" He said, "I'm serious. Tara especially"

I said, "I forgot to ask when it is. I am going to tell Emma and buy her and me a ticket. I always loved going every year. I loved all the beautiful homes" Tom said, "wow, so I know I'm not your #1 best friend, but still" He grinned.  I said, "What."  He said, "I'm teasing, it's just you want to go with Emma and not me."  I laughed.  I said, 'Tommy, no I didn't know that you wanted to go. I mean so do you go each year" He laughed.