CHAPTER 23: LOVE TALK

I got ready in the guest room, and was heading downstairs, when I passed Molly's room.  The door was open, and Molly saw me and said, "Hi Maddie'   I went in, and it was just so sweet. Molly was in a chair, and Tom was behind her, brushing her hair.  Tom said, "Maddie I'm glad to see you, do you have time to help me?"

  I said, 'Sure"

 He said, "Molly wants her hair braided, and I just can't do it."  I said, "ok."

Tom said, 'Thanks" He stepped aside.  As I was braiding her hair, he was making me nervous staring at me.  Why does he stare at me all the time. I mean I stare at him, but I know why I'm doing it.  I still can't believe he wants to read my book with me.  He doesn't like to read. Why would he want to read the book with me?

Tom's point of view.  Why am I so captivated by her. I mean even watching her braid Molly's hair is cool. I don't know what is wrong with me.  I need to get some help. I mean why would I say that I want to read her book with her.  I hate reading books, especially a love story. I don't believe in love at all. But I got carried away with how excited she was when she was telling me about it. Now I can't get out of it, I mean without hurting her feelings, and I don't want to do that. Not that I guess I really want to get out of it.

Tom said, "What time do you have to be at work?" 

 I said, '9" 

He said, "Ok, how about I take you and Molly to go get donuts, do you have time for that"

 I said, "Sure sounds good." Molly was happy.

We went to get donuts and got a table.  Molly and I got chocolate milk.  Tom was staring at me while I ate.  Why does he do that, I already have a stomach doing flip flops around him, but him staring at me almost every bite, makes it really hard.

Tom's point of view:  I know I need to look away. I am probably making her nervous. I think. I mean she has a weird look in her eyes. But something about the way she takes each bite, I just can't not look.  Honestly, I can't wait until I can drop her off at the vet's office, and I won't have to see her for the rest of the day. I mean that thought also makes me feel bad. But I need a break from her. I need to clear my head.  Man, I can't think with that insane smell of her hair.  And now looking at her, I am reliving this morning, waking up the way we did. It felt good, really good. At least for me, not sure that it did for her. I mean I hope it did, I hope I didn't scare her. Is she scared? I mean she didn't seem scared; she was talking to me after. But I know that I can't think straight when I smell that smell.

Tom said, 'Madison you ready to go to work"

 I said, "yes" We left.  We drove in silence. Except for Molly talking.  Molly wanted to give me a hug as I got out and she got in the front seat. Tom got out to open the door for me to get out.  He was such a gentleman.  Since Saturday, he has done this every time.  I said, 'Thanks" 

Tom said, "hey what about lunch, are you needing me to pick you up or" 

I said, "no I usually eat lunch here." 

 He said, 'Um ok uh Madison"

 I said, 'yeah" 

He said, 'How do you do that"

 I said, 'I bring my lunch"

 Tom looked at me weird.  It was then I realized that I was not at home and didn't pack my lunch. 

 I said, 'great, I forgot, I didn't come from home. i don't have my lunch."  Tom smirked.

I laughed.  Trying to ignore how hot he was when he smirked, and what that smirk did to my insides, and my whole body, and trying to forget about how we woke up.  We were both smiling staring at each other.