CHAPTER 72: FAKE COUPLE REAL FIGHT

Time was going by so fast. It seemed like school had just started, yet we were into October. I was sad that the days were flying by, knowing that if time kept going so fast, we would be breaking up. I'm not even sure how to do that. I mean we aren't a real couple, just best friends, but I'm not sure how I can be around him after June 1st.  I ache just thinking about it, I know when the time comes, I am afraid that I will be nonstop crying and will make Tommy feel bad for hurting me. I'm not sure I am strong enough to not show that I'm hurt.  Emma keeps telling me not to worry about it. She is sure that we won't be breaking up.  I am clinging to that hope.

Tom's football season is going great. They are 5-0, and Tom is getting all the scouts attention. Tom and his dad have been going on several trips to visit the colleges that are heavily recruiting Tom.  I miss him on his weekends, but I'm happy for him because I know he's enjoying this time with just him and his dad.

Tom has always wanted to play for University of Florida, and so I'm sure that is where he is going to pick.  That was one of his first visits, and he was all excited about it on the phone, telling me all about it. Emma told me that she will pick whatever college that I want to go to, and if that is where Tommy goes, then that is where we will go.  I'm still not sure I can do college. But at least I could move there and live with Emma and get a job.

The track team girls have all been nice, and one of the Saturday's that Tom was gone, Ashley came over to Tom's house.  I thought she was there to see Tom, so I told her he was gone with his dad.  She said that she was there to see me.  She wanted to know if I had thought any more about running track. I told her I didn't think I wanted to, she said she hoped I would change my mind, and said maybe some time I could run laps with them at the track.  I told her yes when Tom gets back and can go.

I was telling Emma, and she said that she could take me. She told me that I should at least think about it, that she was sure if I went out for track, I could get a scholarship, to where Tommy chose.  She thought even if I didn't, it would be nice to socialize with the other girls, the track girls all had been nice to me, having my back with Tara. So, Emma and I went to the track. They were all happy to see me.

I was nervous being around the girls, but Emma was there, and the girls all were gushing over how fast I was, making me feel good about myself. Some of the boys that ran track were there to run laps too. They complimented me. They were all nice. Some of the boys dated the track girls. One of the boys was named Jay. He was complimenting me, saying for sure I should run track. Besides he heard that if I run track Hanson will come out for track, and they wanted Tom on the track team this year.

Tom called while I was running. Emma had my phone.  She said, "hey Tom" He said, "Emma, hey where's Madison" She said, 'She's running laps" Tom said, "oh you guys are at the track" She said, 'yes."  Tom said, 'she's running by herself right" She said, "no, Ashley came over and invited her to run laps with them."  Tom said, "oh" Emma said, "she said she was going to wait till you get back to take her, but I told her I could take her. I mean I really think she should go out for track, and I'm so proud of her she's coming out of her shell more and more. I mean actually talking to these other girls."

Tom said, "I got to go" He hung up.  Tom thought dammit I don't like this at all. Tom's dad asked him what did he not like.  Tom didn't realize he said it out loud. Tom said, "nothing dad."  Mike had gone on this trip with them.  Tom's dad left the room to take a phone call from one of his officers.

Tom was sitting there. Mike said, 'Hanson what's wrong" Tom said, "Rain" Mike said, "What about her."  Tom said, "She is running laps with the track girls."  Mike said, "That's great."  Tom glared at him.  Mike said, "What's wrong, didn't you want her to go out for track. Maybe she is going to change her mind" Tom said, "yes I wanted her to, I just am a little surprised she is running laps without me."