CHAPTER 87: CHEATING HEARTS

Emma was in bed, and not alone. She was in a heavy make out session. I looked at Tom. I motioned to him pointed to the door, telling him let's go. The guy, who I was assuming was Rex had his shirt off, jeans on. He had a big scar on his back.

Tom looked at me, he wasn't moving, at all. I tried pulling on his arm, but couldn't budge him, I looked at him, and he was staring. Ok I feel like really awkward now. I mean number one, seeing her making out, that's private, and here we are watching, and also why is Tom staring like that, I mean of course it probably is making him think of when he was having sex, dammit. Why didn't I call first. Or knock. Tom said, "Mike" I looked at Tom, then at them, as Mike jumped off Emma, like someone had yelled fire.

Mike grabbed his shirt, looked at both of us, he said, "I can explain" Emma looked horrified. I said, 'I am so sorry guys, I didn't mean for us to barge in, I wasn't thinking we would walk in on I'm sorry, Tommy let's go." I grabbed his hand. He turned to leave. Emma said, "no you don't need to go, please stay Maddie. I'm happy to see you." She got up and said, "Merry Christmas" I said, "Merry Christmas. Emma" Mike said, "Merry Christmas Tom, Madison" Tom said, "Merry Christmas." I said, "Emma, I'm sorry I should have called, or not barged in, it's just I was so excited to show you what my present was." She said, "yes I need to see that beautiful bracelet in person. Let me see." She took my wrist. She said, "It's beautiful. Tom, you did good. It looked beautiful in the pic you sent, but so much more beautiful in person. I said, "yes he did, it is, but that's not the gift I wanted to show you." She said, "oh ok, oh your Cowboy necklace and bracelet." I said, "Those are from Mia and Molly. but I'm talking about the gift from Tom's mom and dad." She said, "oh ok, yes show me" I took her hand.

Tom said, "Rain you girls go on, we will be right behind you. I said, "it's outside." She said, "ok" I said, "I still can't believe it what they got me." She said, "Did they love their present from you guys." I said, "yes they did. they were shocked" Audra had left. We saw her leaving and the door shut as we were headed down.

I said, "First Emma I'm so sorry to interrupt, but girl you need to tell me, how did this happen, when? " She said, "let's go outside." She looked behind her to make sure that the guys couldn't hear.

Tom and Mike had come down the stairs. Tom said, "Let's give them a minute"

Mike said, "Maddie, love her car huh." He smiled. Tom said, "yes she is shocked. So, what was that we walked in on. I mean I know what it was, but since when are you with Emma." Mike said, "I'm not let me explain. Look I know how bad it looked, and what you're thinking, but I honestly didn't plan it." Tom said, "you are over here about to have sex and you didn't plan it." Mike said, "I came over to give her a Christmas present, we went up to her room, she said she was sorry she didn't have one for me, we were talking, and sitting on her bed" He said, "and how did you go from that to making out." Mike said, "I asked her if she was still with Rex, and she said yes, and then I said I was sorry to hear that." Tom said, "Wait what, she's still with Rex, so they didn't break up" Mike said, "No." Tom said "So she's cheating on him with you. Mike, I know what it's like to be cheated on. It sucks" He said, "I know that that is what I said it's not what it looked like, and I mean I'm actually glad that you guys interrupted us" Tom said, "how is it not what it looked like"

He said, "ok I told her I was sorry she was still with Rex; I was hoping that she wasn't, and she asked me why, and I told her that I had feelings for her." Tom said, "you have feelings for Emma. I asked you several times, if you were jealous about Rex." He said, "I know, and at the time, I guess I didn't admit it. But the more she started seeing Rex, the less I saw of her, and I realized I wanted to be more than friends, and I was jealous. I told her that, and she cried, then told me that she had spent years wanting to hear me say I wanted to be with her, I had no idea, she was crushing on me, and then I don't know she kissed me, and we just kept on kissing." Tom said, "you know you could have just told her this from the start, before she started dating Rex. Instead of wasting time with Jill."  Mike said, 'I know, but like I said I didn't think I cared about Emma in that way, till I saw her with Rex. I know you kept asking me, and I didn't admit it to myself. Until I couldn't deny it."  Tom said, "Cheating is wrong Mike. I mean I don't like the guy, but I know how bad it feels."  Mike said, 'I know that, and it just happened Tom"