CHAPTER 11: SHOULD I DO IT

I was sure I was dreaming.  But I looked and no I was sitting in Tom's Mustang and he was across from me, and staring at me, with a beautiful perfect smile. I thought to myself, he's joking of course this is just a joke. I laughed.

Tom's point of view.  Ok why is she laughing?  Is the thought of being with me that hilarious? How am I not able to read what her answer will be?  I mean at first, I thought it would be a yes, she seemed happy to see Tara get hurt, but then when I asked her, now her face is unreadable. Why is she laughing like that.

Tom said, "um sorry, but I don't get what is funny?"

  I said, "um you are asking me to be your fake girlfriend, at first, I thought you were serious, but now I realize you were just joking" I laughed.

Tom scratched back of his head, ran his hands through his hair.  he wasn't laughing. Why wasn't he laughing. He looked upset. 

I said, "Tom you are joking right?" 

 He said, "I'll take you home."

  I still didn't want Tom to see my house.  See where I lived.  But I was more concerned with the look on his face. One of like maybe being upset, hurt.

I said, "Tom you were joking right" 

Why wasn't he answering me. Why not say it was a joke?

 He said, "no I wasn't. I was serious. I get you think I'm a dick and I get you apparently hate me."

 I said, "no I don't on either."  

He said, "Obviously you do Madison, don't lie to me. I hate being lied to."  

I said, "I'm not lying" 

He said, "Really well you pretty much thought I would let Tara beat up my 4-year-old baby sister and my 14-year-old sister, just so I could get laid, so yeah I think your opinion isn't that high of me. Plus, the fact you are laughing your head off at the thought of being my fake girlfriend."

I said to myself, what he's really upset, he was serious. Oh my God he was serious. 

I said, "Tom please wait." 

 He shut the car off.

 I said, "Ok I'm sorry. I don't hate you. I don't think you're a dick. I told you, I overreact to abuse, I lived with it, and now my mom doesn't physically abuse me but still, so I just assumed, and I was wrong in that ok Anyway I apologized for that. So don't be mad at me."

He said, "I'm not. I get it you don't want to be seen with me." 

 I said, "Tom no I look you are a great guy, are you kidding me. You are like the hottest guy in school."  Wait did I just say that. Oh, shit I just said that.

 He smiled.  He said, "So you think I'm hot huh" 

I said, 'Tom anyway you are the most eligible guy at school, all the girls will want you, I just no you have to ask someone else." 

 He said, "no I've thought about it, and I want it to be you."

I said, "Tom, I get it that Tara hates me, and it would drive her insane"

 Tom said, "ok so you will do it, I mean don't you want to hurt her after all she did to you this is your chance for payback." 

 I said, " yes, I'd love to. But Tom no this wouldn't work." 

 Tom said, "Why not. If you're worried about me making a move I would not do that, Madison you're safe with me. I am not like Rob. I'd never do that to you. I will treat you like a gentleman. We will be friends. I want to be friends with you. I mean I regret not getting to know you. You are a very sweet girl, and a kind person. What you did for my sisters and Bailey. I want to be friends"