CHAPTER 70: OUR FIRST DANCE

The week went by fast.  Tom made it easy to not focus on people staring, and actually Emma said that people had really not stared by the second day of us kissing at the lockers.  I could hardly focus on anything but the kiss, as each one Tom deepened, leaving me breathless, burning up, and wanting more.

It was Friday, and Tom's first football game. I was excited, for the whole day, I mean I get to wear his jersey to school, it was his first football game, and also going to be our first dance.  Tom had got us tickets to go to the Back-to-School dance.  Emma was going to bring Rex.  He was going to come sit with us at the game.  Emma was going to ride with Rex and meet us there, I was going to ride with Tom's parents, and sisters.

Friday morning, I woke up first. I got up and got ready for school.  I called Emma and we talked, about how excited I was.

I put it on and was staring at myself in the mirror. Trying to decide how to wear my hair, down or in a ponytail.

Tom got up. He had pajama bottoms on, no shirt.  His hair messed up.  He came and saw the door open to the guest room.  he came in.  

I don't know how long Tom stared at me.  He said, "I knew you would make that jersey look perfect" He winked at me. Then went and took a shower and got dressed.  Tom had given me the blue jersey, so he was going to wear the white jersey.

I was so excited to leave for school.  Tom laughed in the car.  He said, "you sure are excited huh"  I said "yes Tom, I mean you are like my favorite football player, and you are letting me wear your jersey. It means everything to me. I can't even thank you enough" He smiled.

He was driving. I am the excited one.  I have thought about it since this summer, her wearing my jersey, and she is proud to do it. this girl is amazing. I've got to make her mine.

We got to school.  As usual, we waited for Emma, made out on Tom's car, each day the kisses were hotter, deeper, and then we kissed at the lockers.  Tom carried my books.

Emma and i were in the bathroom before class and some of the girls were in there talking about me, saying well she just better not sleep with him, or else she will get treated just like the other girls. That must be why he's being so lovey Dovey sweet and romantic because that's definitely not Tom Hanson.

It hurt hearing it.  Emma said, "Don't let those girls upset you. Don't let them ruin this day."

Tom asked me if I was ok, as he thought I looked upset.  I told him I was fine. He kept on. I said it was nothing.    He said, "don't lie to me, you were happy and fine before you went into the bathroom, and you came out looked like you had been crying" I said, "it's just girls."  He said," they bully you, try and hurt you" I said, "no they just were talking, they wanted me to hear."  He said, "I'm sorry, what did they say, " I said, "Tom" He said, "Madison tell me" I said, "just that once I give you sex you will dump me."  He said, 'And you know that's not true, so why are you upset."  I said, "I'm fine"

We had a pep assembly.  Tom had his arm around me and stealing kisses during it.  The band played, and then the team had to go on stage, with all of them being announced.  The cheerleaders were on the stage, cheering with each name.  When Tom's name was announced everyone gave him a standing ovation, and of course Tara had to do her splits and cheer the loudest. 

Tom and I left to go home.  Tom had to go to the stadium at 6. Game started at 7 30.  We were doing homework on Tom's bed.  I said, "I can't wait until your game.  You will be great Tommy" He said,"i hope so."  He smiled.  He said, "So aren't you excited for after the game."  I smiled.  I said, "yes of course I am, my very first school dance. I can't even believe it, that I'm going to a school dance, and with you of all guys. like I am afraid I'm dreaming" He smiled.