CHAPTER 94: HOW DO WE SAY GOODBYE?

Tom said, "Madison, I need you so much. I'm sorry. I just didn't want to hear what you were saying." I said, "Tom, it's ok. I get it. Please don't keep apologizing. It's ok" He said, "I don't think I can get through this without you." I said, "I'm not going anywhere." He takes my hand, and we go up to the door. I start to open the door. He grabs my arm, spinning me around. He said, "I'm sorry Rain. I can't go in there yet." I hugged him.

He said, "I guess even if I'm not ready, I have to go in there. I need to tell them, in case Mia wants to go to the hospital." I nodded.

We go in. Molly and Mia are on the couch with Mrs. Martinez. Baylie comes over to me. I pet her. Molly comes running. She said, "Maddie do you want to watch my movie with us." I looked at Tom. I said, "maybe in a little bit." Mia said, "how was the dance, aren't you home early." I said, "yes we left early. The dance was good." Tom said, "Thank you for coming to watch the girls. We got it." She said, "ok call me if you need anything" She patted his arm.

Mia said, "Madison, what's wrong. Have you been crying? " Tom looked at me. I said, "Mia, Molly come let's sit down. We need to talk to you." I said, "Molly why don't you sit on Tommy's lap ok." She did. Mia said, "Maddie, you're scaring me. Please tell me you guys didn't have a fight and break up." Tom said, "no Mia we didn't." He put his arm around me. Molly said, "Maddie what's wrong. Why are you crying." I cried and put my head down. Tom put his hand on my back, rubbing it. He was crying.

Tom said, "Mia, Molly I'm" He stopped. He looked at me. He put his head down crying. Baylie was whining and put her head on Tom's leg. Mia said, "Tom what happened, is that why mom had to leave? She didn't say where she was going." Tom looked at me. I said, 'Tom, do you want me to" He nodded.

I said, "Mia, Molly, I'm so sorry girls. We have really terrible sad news." Mia said, 'no." She started to cry. Tom said, "Mia come here." She went and sat on his other leg. She put her head on his shoulder. I was crying. I said, "Mia, Molly, I love you girls so much. I wish so bad that I didn't have to tell you this. Your dad was responding to a burglary and " Mia said, "no, please no Tommy." He was crying. So was Mia. I was crying. Molly said, 'why are you crying?" Mia said, "Daddy is going to be alright, isn't he?" I said, " I'm so sorry, he was shot" Mia said, "so he's in surgery right." Tom shook his head no. Mia screamed no. Tom cried and hugged her.

Molly said, "I don't understand.  daddy where is he?" I said, 'he's at the hospital, they tried hard, but he was hurt too bad." Tom said, "Molly dad's not coming home." She cried. She said, "Never he's going to stay in the hospital" I cried. I said, "Molly your dad is in heaven now. He loves you so much sweetie, and Mia, and Tommy, and he is going to watch over you, and protect you, and love you." Molly cried. She said, "Tommy" He tried comforting her and Mia both and was crying. I went and hugged them all.

Mia said, "Tommy can I go to the hospital, can we see him?" Tom said, "yes Mia if you want to. I'll take you. I went in and saw him" Mia said, "Will you go in with me. And Madison will you" I said, "yes, we will" She came and hugged me, crying. I said, "Baby, I'm so sorry." Molly said, "Can I go in with you?" Tom said, "Molly, I don't" She said, 'I want to see daddy" I said, 'Molly we can ask your mom ok. How about you go upstairs and get your coat. I need to go upstairs and change before we go Tom. Get out of this dress." He nodded. Molly said, "I need to change." I said, 'Molly if you want to wear your jammies it's ok sweetie. Tommy can carry you, you just need your coat and put some socks and shoes on" She took my hand. Tom looked at me, mouthed thank you. We went upstairs. Mia was crying on Tom's shoulder. Mia said, "Tommy why did this happen" He said, 'I don't know."

I went in with Molly to her room. She was crying. Wanted to sit on my lap. I said, "Molly I'm so sorry sweetie. I love you so much." She said, "I love you" I said, "honey I'm going to go change ok. I'll come back in and get you."