CHAPTER 15: THE LONGEST NIGHT

I still can't believe this is happening.  I almost feel like I must be home dreaming, I mean this isn't happening, I'm not in Tom Hanson's bedroom, wearing one of his shirts, with him staring at me. Maybe I have gone crazy, and hallucinating all of this.

I am lost in thought.  Tom is staring at me. Tom said, "Madison so what side of the bed do you sleep on?"

 I said, 'What" Why does he have to be so hot, and smell so good, I mean I knew he was hot from a distance, but I tried to never make eye contact. He is even hotter, and I can hardly think straight. I mean the sight of him in that tight white tee shirt, is doing things to me, my whole body. How am I going to manage to be in the same bed as him, lying next to him, and not die. Oh my God I will be lying next to him.

Tom said, 'The side of the bed, I um sleep on the right side."

  I actually sleep on the right side as well. I see he is still staring, expecting me to say something. I go to speak, but nothing comes out. I manage to mumble "uh it doesn't matter."  Oh, he must think I'm just pathetic, I mean I can barely talk.

Tom said, 'I take it you sleep on the right as well." 

 I said, "yes usually, but it's fine." 

 Tom said, 'no I'll sleep on the left."  

I said, 'No Tom it's fine. It doesn't matter what side I sleep on."  

Tom undid the left side of the bed. He said, 'Are you sure it's ok? I don't mind switching to the left if it will make you more comfortable"  

I said, 'it's fine."  I'm still standing there.  I sit down on the far end of the bed.

Tom said, "Madison if you're uncomfortable I can sleep on the floor."

  I said, 'No I'm fine."  

He smiled, almost a smirk, damn that smile is intoxicating. I really hope I'm not drooling. Tom said, "Liar" He grinned. 

 I said, "I'm not."

Tom said, 'Madison, I know this is awkward for you, but I hope you know you can trust me you are safe here. I only brought you in my room, so that you would not have to be alone in the guest room, I want you to feel safe here, not be scared, and be in the closet. I will do whatever to make you feel safe, so I can sleep on the floor." 

 I said, "I do feel safe with you, yes it's awkward, I mean we just started talking yesterday, but I don't want you to have to sleep on the floor, that's silly, I mean you have a huge bed." 

 He said, "Right, my bed is big enough for two of us, and I promise you I will stay on my side of the bed, but Maddie I'm not going to let you sit up all night so if you're uncomfortable, I'll give you the whole bed" 

I said, "What sit up?"

Tom said, 'yes you are sitting at the far edge of the bed. You can't sleep that way. You are going to have to get in bed and lie down." 

 I said, 'Oh right.' 

 He said, 'Come on." He turned off the light that was on his nightstand.

I went and got in bed and pulled the blanket over me.  Tom said, 'I usually sleep with a fan on, is the noise going to bother you?" 

 I said, "no I sleep with a fan on too."

Tom's point of view.  God she is gorgeous in my shirt.  I am trying to not stare. I've never seen a girl in my shirt before, with nothing else on, well that's not what I mean, I mean knowing Madison for the last 2 days, I know she's got her sports bra on, and her underwear. God I wish I wouldn't have thought of that, now is not the time to be thinking of her without clothes on. She is uncomfortable.  I mean I hope she trusts me, I thought this was a good idea, but now I'm not so sure. I mean I don't want to make her feel unsafe.  I can't even imagine what she went through with that asshole Rob, and I am going to make him pay for that. I need to find out which of his friends joined in.  He has a lot of assholes he hangs around.   Damn she smells good. Her hair smells good. I need to stop thinking like that.