CHAPTER 65: FRIENDS AND ENEMIES

Emma came over to see me, before she headed to work.  Tom's mom made breakfast, then took the girls to the store and do some errands.  Tom went to the door, and it was Emma.  Tom said, 'hi Emma."  She said, "I hope it's ok that I just stopped by I wanted to see Madison" He said, "Sure, you're welcome here anytime."  I came out of the kitchen with Baylie.  Emma said, "Madison" She came over and gave me a big, long hug.

Tom laughed. He said, "you ladies act like you haven't seen each other in like weeks."  We laugh. Tom's dad comes downstairs.  He said hi to Emma. He said, "Tom you ready" Tom said, "yeah dad."  Tom came over to me.  He said, "I'm going with dad to look at some parts for my Mustang. You be ok?"  I said, 'yes, I'll be fine. Bye" He left.

Emma and I talked, she wanted to know all about the trip, and tell every detail.  After we finished talking about my trip and me and Tommy, she wanted to know if we could still do that double date with the new guy. I told her yes that Tom said he would go. She said she was thinking she might see him in the store today, so she was going to see if he would   still want to go. I tell her to just let me know.

Emma left.  I was sitting with Baylie. When the doorbell rang.  I thought it was Emma, she must have forgotten something.  I went to the door. Opening it without looking. I said, "What did you forget"

I wished I had looked first; it wasn't Emma. It was Brad.  Tom is not going to be happy that I just opened the door to him. I said, 'Sorry, I thought you were my friend."  Brad said, "that's ok, Madison right" I said, "yes" Baylie was barking at him, showing her teeth, growling, she looked like a ferocious dog.

Brad said, "Is Tom here?"  I said, "no he's not."  Brad said, "do you think I could wait for him; I really need to talk to him."  I was trying keep Baylie back. I was telling her that it was ok Baylie.  She lunged at him.  I said, "I don't think that's a good idea. Baylie doesn't like you."  He said, "right, I forgot about Baylie. She doesn't like anyone, but I guess she loves you."  I had never seen Baylie act this bad, even trying to get to Brad to bite him. I managed to pull her back before she could bite him, but she managed to grab his jean leg.

He said, "can you tell Tom that I stopped by and to call me. It's important."  I said, "yeah" I locked the door.  I said "Baylie it's ok baby. Let's go into the kitchen and I'll get us some milk."

Tom and his dad went to the auto parts store.  Tom's dad got a call that he needed stop by the station for a case consult, so he told Tom he would drop him off, this shouldn't take long, then we can get started.  

Baylie and I were on the couch, I was watching a movie.  Tom had unlocked the door but hadn't got all the way in yet.  Baylie jumped off that couch in a second, growling, barking, ran to the door, trying to attack whoever it was.  I was calling her. 

Tom said, "Baylie it's me, don't bite."  He opened the door.  Baylie laid down by his feet and cried.  She felt bad that she had acted this way.  Tom petted her.  Tom got down on his knees, she licked his face. He said, "it's ok Baylie, I'm happy that you protected Madison"

I said, "hi Tommy" He said, "hi, so Maddie was someone here, I mean Baylie was really upset, I never seen her this upset, to charge the door like that."  I looked at Tom. He said, "Madison who was here."

I said, "you had a visitor, and yes Baylie went nuts Tom. I thought she was going to bite him. I got her off of him, but she grabbed his jeans."  Tom said, "him who, who was it"

Tom looked mad. I think he was just being protective. I said, "Tommy, I'm sorry, I thought it was Emma, I never would have opened the door. She had just left, and then the doorbell rang, and I didn't look."  Tom said," Madison who was it."