CHAPTER 64: OUR FIRST VACATION

It was 3:30. Alarm went off.  Tom said, "you up" I said, "yes."  He said, "you need me to leave room so you can" I said, "no" Tom moaned.  He said, "I see, you want me to close my eyes."  I laughed. I said, "no, I'm just going to wear this, I mean it's ok, sweats and your hoodie."  He said, "Right you are probably going to be just like my sisters, I can already see it."  I said, "What" He said, 'they get in the car and then sleep."  I said, "yes, well I am thinking I am going to have a nice Comfie pillow" Tom smiled.  he said, "is that so" I laughed. I said, "hopefully" He said, "does this mean you are going to use my shoulder."  I laughed.  So did he. He said, "I'm going to go to the bathroom, get dressed, you might want to grab a blanket, for you in the car, dad likes to keep the air on full blast, keeps him awake. But makes mom and the girls freeze."  I laughed.  I said, "ok" I grabbed a blanket, got my phone and charger, and my purse and went downstairs.

Tom's parents were sitting in the living room having coffee.  They said, "morning"  I said, "morning"  She said, "Are you all ready"  I said, 'yes ma'am. I still can't believe you guys are letting me come. Thank you so much."  His mom  said, 'you are very welcome."  Tom's dad said, "is Thomas up"  I said, "yes he's in the bathroom, getting dressed."  She said, "I guess I will go try again and wake up Mia and Molly."  Tom came downstairs.  he said, "they are up mom. I woke them up"  Tom's parents laughed.  I looked at them.

Tom's dad said, "I'm sure you enjoyed that."  Tom said, 'yep you know it."  He laughed.  Tom said, "mom, I wanted to know if we could bring Maddie's flowers. I don't want them dying here."  She said, "Sure. I'll get them put in the back"

The girls came down, sleepy, and grouchy. Tom carried Molly and put her in her seat.   Mia got in, then Molly sat next to  her, then me and Tom.  Baylie was in the far back.  She was asleep. Tom's parents were locking up the house.  

Tom said, "ok Maddie, my dad will say so everyone are you sure you have everything, this is your last chance, make sure, because once I put this car in drive and we leave, we aren't coming back. We've got to get on the road."  Mia said, "word for word."  We laugh. I said, 'So has anyone ever forgot something."  Tom and Mia laughed.  Said, "yep and dad had to go back, but he wasn't happy."  Mia said, "no he wasn't. It was really quiet the whole time, Tommy and I didn't want to say anything" I laughed. I said, "What did you guys forget."  He said, "it wasn't us; it was mom. If it would have been us he wouldn't have turned around. But it was mom. We got like half hour away, she realized she didn't pack something."  We laughed.

Tom's dad and mom got in the car. Tom's dad said what they said he would.  Tom whispered in my ear, told you.

We drove for a few hours. I went to sleep on Tom's shoulder.  He covered me up with a blanket. Mia and Molly were asleep. So was Baylie.  Tom went to sleep too.

I woke up. I said, "Hey I'm sorry," He said, "it's ok."  I said, 'I hope I didn't hurt your arm" He smiled.  He said, "Dad my girlfriend hurt my arm, now I don't know if I can throw the ball right" His mom and dad laughed.  I said, "Tommy" He laughed.  he said, "it's fine Maddie."

Tom's dad said, "Everyone awake and want to stop for breakfast."  We went to McDonalds.  Tom and I got out and walked Baylie, while his mom and dad took girls in, ate, and went to the bathroom, then they traded places with us, and Tom and I went in.

Tom said, 'you are having fun" I said, "yes, so much" He said, "I'm glad. I hope this is the best 2 weeks of your life. But I want you to know, that it won't be the last vacation ok. You are for sure going with us always."  He smiled.  I said, "Thank you Tommy, for everything you've done for me. I can't believe how safe I feel. How at peace I am. What you've done for me."  He smiled.  He said, "You got to go to the bathroom."  I said, "yes."  he said, "ok" he took my hand. He said, "I'll wait for you, then walk you out, then come back in and go to men's room."  I said, "ok but why" He said, "Maddie there are a lot of sickos sometimes at these truck stops, and I don't want to take a chance. You know trafficking. It could happen in a second."  I said, "Thank you" I hugged him.