Episode 3: New Pokemon, Viridian City

"I know finding Pokémon can be hard, but this is too much!" Ashton yelled as he ran for his life. He was currently being chased by a flock of Spearow who wanted to peck him to death.

"(Maybe if I jump in the nearby river, they'll give up and fly away)" Ashton thought to himself

"(Maybe if I jump in the nearby river, they'll give up and fly away)" Ashton thought to himself. He ran towards the river, throwing his bag off, and jumped into it. The Spearow realized they couldn't get him and flew away to do what they normally do.

"I'm soaked, but it was worth not getting my eyes pecked out," Ashton said as he climbed out the river. He took off his jacket and hung it on a nearby tree branch to let it dry. " I should stay nearby and catch Pokémon so I don't lose my jacket," Ashton said. He grabbed his bag and pulled out his last four Pokeballs. " I should catch more Pokémon and make my way to Viridian city," Ashton said to himself.

He walked around for a bit, looking for any Pokémon that looked interesting to him. He saw lots of Rattata and Spearow, which he avoided for his life and his eyes, but didn't find anything until three minutes later.

Ashton saw dirt fly past him and went to investigate. He saw a yellow creature with a long tail and brick-like patterns on its body digging a hole.

Ashton pulled out his Pokédex and scanned the creature

Ashton pulled out his Pokédex and scanned the creature. The screen said that it was a ground type Pokémon called a Sandshrew. "Well Sandshrew, Looks like I'm catching you today!"  Ashton exclaimed as he grabbed Oddish's Pokeball. "Go Oddish!"

He threw Oddish's Pokeball and the small Pokémon came out. "Oddish, Use Razor Leaf!" Ashton yelled. Oddish dashed at Sandshrew and shot leaves off its head. The leaves flew at Sandshrew, leaving cuts all over its body. This made Sandshrew very angry and it started scratching Oddish over and over again. "(I really didn't think this through! I should call Oddish back!)" Ashton thought. He lifted up Oddish's Pokeball and called it back. He grabbed Squirtles Pokeball and threw it forward. Squirtle came out, ready to battle.

Sandshrew glared at the trainer and Pokémon and rushed at them. "Squirtle, use Water Gun!" Ashton said, pointing at Sandshrew. Squirtle shot a beam of water at Sandshrew before it could get too close, Sending it flying back. Sandshrew got up and was really angry. It curled into a ball and started rolling at the two. "Squirtle, dodge!" Ashton yelled. They both jumped out the way, barely missing the Sandshrew. Squirtle rushed at Sandshrew and kicked it in the gut. Sandshrew almost fell back, but didn't and scratched Squirtles face.