Episode 38: First Match! The Long Awaited Rematch!

It was the next morning and Ashton woke up. He got up and took a shower and did his daily routine. Once he was done, he walked out of his room and the Trainer Plaza and made his way to the Indigo Plateau building.

He saw all his friends waiting for him and walked over to them. "Good morning guys! Are you excited for the tournament?" Ashton asked. "I can barely wait! It's gonna be so fun!" Toru said. "They're gonna show who's battling who on the screen pretty soon," Justin said, pointing at the screen above the front desk.

After a couple of minutes, a voice came over the intercom. "Good morning everyone. We hope everyone is ready for their battles. In a moment, the list of battles will appear on the screen. The rules of the tournament are simple. You may use six Pokemon and if you run out of Pokemon, you are out of the tournament. The person who wins the tournament will get the opportunity to battle the Champion and if they win, they'll become the new champion of the Kanto Region," The intercom.

The screen turned on and the list appeared on screen.

Ashton was battling Red.

Justin was battling Elise.

King was battling Leo.

Okotsu was battling Jason.

Toru was battling Lucas.

Leaf was battling Eric.

Ashton and Red looked at each other and grinned. "It'll be nice getting to have a rematch. We battled on the S.S Anne and now we're battling in the first round of the Kanto League Tournament," Ashton said with a grin. "Yep. Don't disappoint me by losing so easily, Ash," Red said.

"Now the first battle will be between two trainers from Pallet Town. Would Ashton and Red please come to the stadium. Ashton and Red smiled and walked in opposite directions. "Good luck, Red!" Ashton said. "Good luck to you too, Ash!" Red said. They both walked to their gates and walked to the Battle Area. Ashton looked at the stands. There was even more people than there was during the exhibition matches. Most of the Kanto Region came to watch the battle. Everyone was cheering for the two trainers.

Ashton saw a bunch of faces he hadn't seen in a while. He saw all the gym leaders, except for Giovanni. He looked to the other side of the stands and saw Ronnie and Mike, ordering a drink from a nearby worker. "(Guess they were being serious when they said they were rooting for me.)" Ashton thought.

He saw Alex, who waved at him. Ashton waved back. He saw the captain who gave him a ride to Cinnabar Island, he saw Bill, who flashed a smile at him, and he saw Professor Stewart. The judge walked to the stage and raised his hand, making everyone in the stands stop cheering.

"Hello everyone! Today is the day of the Kanto Tournament! Twelve trainers were able to make it to this exciting event and only one will have the chance to battle the Champion of the Kanto Region! For our first round, we have an exciting battle between two trainers who origin from the same town! Give it up for Pokemon Trainers, Ashton and Red!" The judge said. Everyone in the stands cheered.

"Before we start, tell us Trainers, are you excited for your battle? Tell us your thoughts," The judge said. He walked up to Red and handed him the microphone. "Honestly, I'm a little nervous. Me and Ash here battled a while ago on the S.S Anne and he came out as the victor. I've seen how much stronger his Pokemon have gotten and I have to admit, this won't be an easy battle!" Red said.

"Thank you Red. Would you like to give some words, Ashton?" The judge asked. He walked up to Ashton and handed him the microphone. "Ever since I was a kid, I've dreamed of becoming a Pokemon Master. Now here I am, competing in the Kanto League Tournament. While Me and Red have battled and I managed to win, that doesn't mean it was an easy battle. I've seen how much stronger he's gotten when we met up in Saffron City. Red, give me a good battle!" Ashton said.