Ponyboy imagine for outsidersfanfics

Pony and I were walking silently down the street to The Nightly Double. I've liked Pony for as long as I can remember, I just didn't wanna make things awkward between us by telling him, so I kept my trap shut. After Pony payed for his ticket, I reached into my pocket for the money, when he stopped me.
"I got it Maddy. I wouldn't be any kind of friend if I made you pay."
The word 'friend' made me feel a pang of sadness but I hid it by smiling.
"T-thanks Ponyboy. That's really sweet of you."
I thought I saw him blush, but he turned away before I could get a good enough look.
"Where do ya wanna sit?" he asked, looking around.
"Um, I don't mind. You can pick."
"You're the lady Maddy. It's up to you."
I blushed as I took a seat somewhere towards the middle. I immediately knew what we were watching, Gone with the Wind. Pony's favorite movie. As I watched, I began to get more and more into the story. It was about halfway through when I noticed that he was shaking a little.
"Are you alright?" I asked, getting concerned.
"Y-yeah I-I'm fine."
I nodded and turned my attention back to the movie, when I heard him take a deep breath, making me look back at him.
"A-actually. No. I'm not fine Maddy. I got something to tell ya."
"Go ahead Pony. I'm not gonna laugh or anything."
I saw him smile a little bit but he was shaking now more than ever.
"I-I've been wanting to tell you this fo-for a while now.."
I nodded, my heart pounding against my chest.
"I-I like ya Madyson... I have for a while now. I-I just... I-"
I don't know where the confidence came from in me, but I leaned over and pecked his lips. When I opened my eyes, I clearly saw that his cheeks were bright red now.
"W-will you b-be my girl Maddy..?"
I nodded and cupped his cheek, stroking it with my thumb.
"I'd love to Ponyboy. I've wanted to since I was a kid."
This made him smile down his lap. I've never seen a bigger smile on him.
We finished watching the movie and were walking back to his house, hand in hand, when he asked, "Maddy? You wanna head over to the DX?"
"Sure. I don't mind."
We walked to the DX and Soda looked up from wiping down the counter when he saw us. He grinned like the Cheshire Cat once he saw us holding hands.
"Hey Pone. Maddy your girl or something now?"
"Sure is. I wouldn't trade her for the world," he said, smiling down at me and kissed my forehead.
Pony and I hung out and talked with Soda and Steve for a bit before he wanted to go home. That night, we fell asleep in each other's arms.