Soda imagine for OutsidersObsessed_

This is yet another thank you imagine for Katy's amazing work. By the way, if you haven't read her Darry story Mean Socs, then you need to. It's one of the best things I've ever read! I'm hooked! Well, enough from me. Here it is.
------------------------------------------
***SODA'S POV***
I spread out the blanket on the grass. Today was Valentines Day, the day that I was going to tell Katy how much I love her. I took out the little purple box that held the necklace I was going to give her, took a deep breath, and slipped it back into my pocket. I've been wanting to do this for so long now, I've just been waiting for the perfect time. "Soda?" I turned around and saw Katy standing there, wearing a pink strapless dress that matched her glasses with her chocolate brown hair curled so it fell to her shoulders. I stood up in awe. A light blush dusted her face as she stared at her feet. "Wow. You look great Katy." She ran her fingers through her hair and smiled. "Thanks Sodapop." I grinned and sat down on the blanket. "Come on, I have a surprise for you." She sat next to me and smiled. "What is it?" I leaned closer to her. "You're gonna have to wait." She rolled her eyes and smiled bigger. "That's not fun. You're mean." I put my arm around her. "But you love me." She didn't say anything. I nervously cleared my throat. "S-so, I brought some chocolate cake. Do you want any?" She nodded and I cut two slices out of the cake. After we ate, and I was putting the rest of the cake back in the basket, Katy said, "Hey Soda?" I turned to look at her and that's when she dabbed some of the chocolate icing on my nose. She smirked and started to back away. "Oh you're gonna get it now." I started to get up. She squealed and went running. I chased after her. We ran onto the hill and collapsed onto the grass, laughing. We stopped just as the sun was starting to set. Katy got up and whispered, "Wow." I stood next to her. "Yeah." "It's so beautiful." I grinned. "Not as beautiful as you." A dark blush spread across her cheeks and she bit her lip. I took her hands and stared into her eyes, which were sparkling now more than ever. "Katy I have to tell you something." She gave me a worried look. "Is everything alright Pepsi-Cola?" I nodded with a chuckle and let go of one of her hands so I could get the necklace out. "Katy, ever since we were kids I knew you were different than all the rest. What made you different was that you stole my heart. And now," I put the necklace around her neck, "you have a necklace to prove it." She had tears in her eyes. "I love you so much Katy." I said for the first time. She hugged me tight. "I love you too Sodapop." I held her at arms length and kissed her just as the sun went down.
------------------------------------------
Wow, I just realized how much this sounded like a Ponyboy imagine. Oh well, I hope you like it Katy. 😉