Johnny imagine for AshleyKless

Sorry it took so long. I hope this is worth the wait.
------------------------------------------
The dark night sky was filled with thousands of twinkling stars. Normally you couldn't see the night sky like this in Tulsa, but tonight, it was just breathtaking. I looked over at my best friend, Johnny Cade, who was trying to start the fire to keep us warm, and smiled. Tonight would be the perfect night to tell him how I really felt about him, that I've loved him for as long as I can remember. I would've told him a lot sooner, but I'm too worried that he'll reject me and then we won't be friends anymore. I need Johnny in my life. He makes me feel special and it's not like anything I've ever felt before. "That'll do it," Johnny said, sitting down next to me, smiling. I returned the smile and went back to stargazing. "Sure is pretty huh?" Johnny asked when he looked up. I nodded. "It's never like this. That's why it's so special." He smiled. "That's why I like sleeping out here sometimes, you get to see the stars." My heart dropped to my stomach at Johnny's mentioning of sleeping in the lot. Johnny doesn't know that I know, but his parents abuse him horribly. It breaks my heart. "Johnny, why don't you ever come to my house when you leave yours?" He shifted a little before saying, "I just don't wanna bother you." I put my head on his shoulder, feeling butterflies. "You wouldn't bother me. I feel better knowing that you're at my house than out here." He chuckled. "Alright I'll come to your house next time." I played with the string on my hoodie. "And the time after that. And the time after that. And the time after that." Then something unexpected happened, I felt a soft pair of lips brush against mine, making me instantly quiet. When I opened my eyes again, I saw Johnny pacing and slapping his pockets. "Oh god Ashley! I'm so sorry." I got up slowly and walked to him, the gravel crunching under my shoes, and hugged him. He seemed a little nervous at first, but calmed down and hugged me back. When we let go, we sat back down in front of the fire, looking up at the stars that looked even brighter now. After a few moments of sitting in silence, I asked, "Why'd you do it?" I saw him start shaking and I couldn't tell if it was from the cold or nervousness. "I-it seemed like a good way to make you stop...and I wanted to." He mumbled the last part but I still heard him. "You wanted to?" He turned to me, smiling. "Yeah." I smiled. "I thought you didn't like me." "Well I do...do you wanna be my girl?" I just about screamed, but I kept my cool. "Yes. I'd love that." We went back to looking at the stars. "They're so breathtakingly beautiful," I whispered. Johnny cupped my cheek and stared into my eyes, making me feel butterflies. "Yeah, beautiful, just like you."