Chapter 79 - My Hero

♡ ~ Hi everyone ~ ♡

Author here! Hope you're doing well, happy one year to this fanfic :3

Sorry I had loooonnnngggggg break :c

BUT-

I have ANOTHER fanfic in the works lol

But But- I shall be back to weekly updates for this one again now, enjoy! <3

• ______________________________ •

Chapter 79:

Frozen in fear, I watched as the white-haired man edged his way towards me, unable to muster the strength to move or teleport. Suddenly, a wave of agony surged through my body, as if every vein was being torn apart, the pain was paralysingly.

Unable to bear the weight of my own body, I crumpled to the ground, the realization dawning on me that teleporting the top half of a building, had definitely taken its toll. It was a first for me, perhaps fuelled solely by adrenaline, but now, as the adrenaline faded, I was left grappling with the consequences of my reckless actions. I thought it was a good idea, but now I could barely move.

As the white-haired man closed in, his voice dripped with disdain, echoing through the room. "Never start a fight with your biggest moves," he mocked, his words laced with a venomous confidence. A sinister grin crept into his expression as he lunged forward, brandishing a long sword blade with menacing intent.

The glint of steel caught in the light, casting elongated shadows across the floor. My heart raced, adrenaline resurging through my veins despite the pain wracking my body. I scrambled backward, my mind racing as I assessed the situation.

With a swift, determined leap, Kirishima intercepted the path of the oncoming blade, his rock-like quirk primed and ready for battle. As the clash ensued, the metallic clang of the sword against Kirishima's hardened flesh reverberated through the room, echoing the intensity of the confrontation.

The white-haired man's smile twisted into a smirk as he observed Red Riot's quirk in action. Despite the razor-sharp edge of the blade, it barely made a dent in the red head's skin. Each strike was met with unwavering resolve, as Kirishima stood his ground, unyielding in the face of danger.

The air crackled with tension as the two of them engaged in a fierce dance of strength and skill. Kirishima's movements were fluid yet, his determination shone through with every blow he delivered, his skin impenetrable as he activated his unbreakable move.

Before them, the second villain Todoroki had engaged with stepped forward, launching a flurry of punches. Simultaneously, Deku continued to grapple with another enemy as I stole a glance at the elastic girl, who remained huddled in the corner. It looked as though she had no fight left in her, as she observed the brutal combat unfolding all around us.

Todoroki shortly joined me, cautioning, "Be wary of him..." He gestured to the villain he was just fighting with, "I think his quirk induces severe dizziness, blurring everything and compromising control."

His eyes narrowed before he glanced down at me gently, "It's more potent for some. Given your condition, we can't afford you feeling any worse."

As the white-haired man persisted in his battle with Kirishima, Todoroki erected another ice wall to shield us. Meanwhile, the villain sneakily hurled five arrow-like daggers in our direction, knocking Kirishima aside and directly into Phantom.

The white-haired villain then turned his attention to us, and began to close in on Todoroki and me. The fading adrenaline left me feeling useless, yet the dual-quirk user stood as my protector, unleashing flames towards him, promising a decisive blow.