Chapter 16 - Deku & Bakugou vs All Might

I watched from our observation room as Bakugou & Midoriya made their way to the practical exams.

I've always felt that Bakugou has such amazing potential to be a hero, he's already incredibly strong. Nonetheless, the one thing he really struggled at, was working with others. I couldn't find a possible way to comprehend why, especially Deku. From what I've heard, they're childhood friends. I've never understood why he treats Midoriya the way he does, or why Bakugou is the way he is.

It completely baffles me. Yet, in spite of it all he does have genuine friends that truly care about him. I get the feeling Kirishima see's him in a much different light than the rest of us do. I would even say that they've become best friends. Although, ever since he saved me I felt as though I got a glimpse of that precious light too. No matter what kind of wall he tried to put up. 

The battle itself was quite distressing to watch, mainly because they kept fighting each other. Katsuki can be so reckless sometimes, what the hell is his problem? Although we couldn't discern their dialogue, the exchange appeared to be teeming with tension.

Bakugou wanted to fight against All Might, most likely in order to prove to himself that he could. Whilst Deku opposed against it, his own admiration telling him he could never fight All Might. When I really take a step back and look at the two of them, they're actually fairly similar. Although I imagine Bakugou would despise me for ever having such thoughts.

They both want to be the best that they can, but in very different ways. I watched them uncomfortably, witnessing All Might's brutal techniques, his overwhelming powerful force beating them to the ground. It was hard to watch, but even harder to look away. Both of them, young aspiring hero's, looked as though they were falling apart. They had no plan, they were uncoordinated, they were in completely separate directions, everything was total chaos.

"This doesn't look good." Kirishima says to me, his eyes full of concern.

"I know." I sighed.

The atmosphere in Class 1A had grown silent and tense as their exam commenced, it felt like watching a real-life drama unfold before our eyes. Everyone was gripped, wanting to know what would happen.

"Please... Katsuki." I whispered to myself.

All of a sudden, I caught sight of Midoriya positioned stealthily behind All Might. I glanced to his left hand, where he wielded one of Bakugou's explosive gauntlets. My jaw fell open in astonishment as I witnessed their unexpected alliance, a mixture of surprise, shock and pride welling up within me.

Finally they had managed to come to together, finding a way to win in a compromise. Bakugou kept going after All Might over and over whilst Deku made a run for the gate. In the end they both made it out, Midoriya had gone back to pick up Bakugou's unconscious body, allowing them to get through the gate together.

They had both passed their exam and I was incredibly impressed. I mean it was against ALL MIGHT!? Even so, Katsuki seemed pretty pissed throughout the whole thing. He had fallen unconscious by the end of it and was now being seen to at Recovery Girl's office. I figured it was best to avoid him rather than try and comfort him.

Then, at the end of the day, whilst I was walking home from school.

"Hey loser!" A voice shouts from behind.

"Bakugou-kun?" I turned around, my eyes met with ash-blonde hair.

"You walking by yourself?"

"Uh... I guess? Mina does dance after school on Wednesdays."

"Oh right. Todoroki not walking with you?"

"No? Why would.." I felt a little confused and he evidently seemed aggressive.