Chapter 68: Rainfall

Chapter 68:

Bakugou forcefully burst through Recovery Girl's door, storming in with impatience. "Her leg's broken. Fix it," he barked rudely, placing me down gently onto one of the recovery beds.

After delivering his demand, he then turned to leave. As he made his exit, I awkwardly attempted to express my gratitude but he was already gone, ruby irises shot me one last glance before going back through the door, leaving an uneasy atmosphere in his wake.

I apologized to the nurse for Bakugou's brusque behavior, "I'm so sorry about him," I looked a little awkward and embarrassed.

Recovery Girl's laughter filled the room as she acknowledged Bakugou's persistent rudeness. "Oh, he's always been like that. I'm used to it," she said with an amused smile. Then, her expression softened, as she added, "But that's a first. I've never seen him barge into the office carrying a patient before. He must really care for you."

The comment made my cheeks flush, and I stammered, "O-oh really?" Her friendly demeanor put me at ease, but the idea that Bakugou's actions hinted at concern left me feeling a mix of surprise and warmth.

As she started explaining the aftermath of her quirk, she assured me, "After using my quirk, you'll most likely fall asleep." True to her words, a peaceful slumber overtook me, and when I woke up, my leg was miraculously healed. Gratitude filled me, but the lingering exhaustion and the spinning sensation in my head were hard to ignore.

"Thank you so much," I mumbled, expressing my appreciation.

Recovery Girl smiled kindly. "Take it easy now. Don't use your quirk just yet; give yourself some time to recover." Her advice sank in, I glanced out the window realising it was already dark outside, I wonder how long I'd slept? The realization soon hit that I'd have to walk back to the dorms without using my quirk, which made me mildly frustrated.

Looks like it's gonna be a slow walk back.

I mused inwardly, acknowledging the weight of exhaustion but grateful for the now-healed leg. Recovery Girl met my gaze with reassurance, saying, "Make sure to take care of yourself, okay? Don't push yourself too hard. You were in the hospital for quite a while recently, right?" Her tone carried a gentle concern.

"Y-yeah," I whispered awkwardly, appreciating her caring words.

"Well, make sure to take it easy, okay, lovely?" She smiled warmly and added, "By the way, a few of the girls dropped off your clothes and backpack. If you want to get changed, there's a curtain over there."

Recovery Girl then gestured toward the curtain. Glancing down at my costume with obvious rips and tears, I decided it was best to change.

"Oh, um... T-thank you so much," I replied softly, offering a respectful bow before heading to the curtained-off section of the room to change.

Feeling a bit more refreshed, I waved goodbye and left her office. Walking through the school's corridors, as I made my way back to the dorms.

Upon stepping outside, I realised the rain was pouring, and I stood there, uncertain of my next move. Regrettably, I knew I'd have to confront the downpour.I lingered for a few moments, trying to brace myself, when a figure appeared to my left. Blonde, spiky locks came into view as the boy commented, "It's raining," he sighed.

I turned to face him questioningly, "Bakugou?"

"Hm?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly. He took a moment before casually responding, "Been studying at the library since school finished," He stretched his arms wide with a small sigh.