Chapter 44 - Mina >.<

The soft morning light filtered through the curtains of my bedroom, casting a warm glow on my face as I stirred awake. I stretched lazily, my mind still wrapped in the enchanting memories of the night before. Me and Bakugou had sneaked out together to watch the stars, when the world was quiet. It had been a stolen moment, a secret shared between us.

As I yawned and blinked myself into wakefulness, my eyes landed on Bakugou's jacket, still draped over me. I remembered how casually he offered it to me when the chill of the night breeze started to seep into my skin. My fingers twitched, a sudden impulse to wear the jacket downstairs tugged at me. But after a moment's hesitation, I decided against it.

Gathering my courage, I got out of bed and began to get ready for the day. My heart danced between anticipation and uncertainty. I knew that Bakugou would be downstairs, and the mere thought of seeing him again sent a cascade of nervous excitement through my veins. I dressed in my usual attire, opting for comfort, and gave myself a pep talk in front of the mirror, trying to quell the blush that threatened to bloom on my cheeks.

With a final deep breath, I stepped out of my room and made my way down to the common area. The aroma of breakfast wafted through the air, mingling with the chatter of my friends. I spotted Bakugou immediately, his signature blonde hair a beacon in the crowd. He was leaning against the kitchen counter, his expression a mixture of nonchalance and amusement.

Our eyes met, and I felt my heart skip a beat before racing in double-time. I offered him a shy smile, hoping to appear a lot more composed despite the turmoil within me. Bakugou's lips curled into a smirk as his crimson eyes locked onto mine, and my cheeks flushed a deeper shade of pink. I could practically hear the cocky confidence in his thoughts, even without him saying a word.

As I approached the breakfast table, my fingers played nervously with a strand of hair. I exchanged greetings with my friends, trying my best to focus on the conversation, but my attention kept flickering back to Bakugou. I could feel his gaze on me, an electric current that sent shivers down my spine.

"Late night?" Bakugou teased, raising an eyebrow knowingly whilst biting into a piece of toast.

I attempted a casual shrug, managing to keep my voice steady.

"Just felt like staying up a bit."

My heart raced as I sensed Bakugou's amused stare intensify. I dared to glance at him again, and this time, his smirk widened.We all continued to eat breakfast, but I couldn't shake off the magnetic pull of Katsuki's presence. Every now and then, our eyes would meet, a silent exchange that spoke volumes. I felt a mixture of embarrassment and exhilaration, as if we were caught in a secret that only the two of us shared.

As the meal wound down, Bakugou pushed himself off the kitchen counter, strolling towards me. My heart raced as he drew closer, his smirk unyielding. He stopped right in front of me, his gaze intense.

"Enjoy the stars last night?" He asked in a low, teasing tone.

I bit my lip, feeling my cheeks burn as l met his gaze. Summoning my bravado, I tilted my chin up and matched his smirk with a small one of my own.

"Maybe. But I'm not telling you all the details."

Bakugou chuckled.

"Keep your secrets then."

Katsuki walked over to Kirishima, taking a seat next to him, once again with a cocky grin. He'd clearly grown bolder in his teasing.

Mina, always observant, softly nudged me with a sly smile.

"Hey, Y/N, you and Bakugou seem awfully close lately." She whispered.

My heart skipped a beat, but I tried to play it cool.

"What are you talking about? We're just classmates."

Mina raised an eyebrow, unconvinced.

"Uh-huh, sure. But have you seen the way he looks at you? And the way you blush? There's definitely something going on." She winked at me.

I sputtered, my blush deepening as I desperately attempted to deny Mina's observation.

"Y-you're reading too much into it! We're just friends."

Just as she spoke, Bakugou sauntered over to the table with that trademark confident swagger.

"Oi, Y/N, you gonna fill me in on what happened yesterday or what?"

My heart raced at the sound of his voice, my eyes darting up to meet his intense gaze.

"Oh- R-right of course, sorry I was just chatting with Mina."

Bakugou's smirk widened.

"Oh, really? What juicy secrets are you spilling, Pinky?"

Mina grinned mischievously.

"Just discussing the latest rumors, Bakugou. You know how it is."

Bakugou leaned against the table, his gaze not leaving my face.

"Well, I hope you're not spreading any nonsense."

Mina's grin grew even wider.

"Oh, no need to worry about that, Bakugou. We weren't saying anything bad about you" She teased.

My embarrassment was reaching a whole new level, I glared at the two of them.

"Oh really? So what were you saying about me?"

"Seriously, Bakugou? Can you not?"

Bakugou chuckled, thoroughly enjoying my slightly flustered state.

"What? Can't handle a little attention?" He leaned in close, smirking down at me.

"Oh, I think Y/N likes the attention just fine." Mina shot back, eying my reaction.

My cheeks turned a shade of red I didn't know was possible. The embarrassment was overwhelming, I wished I could just die on the spot. Bakugou seemed to notice my discomfort and his expression softened. He cleared his throat.

"Anyway, let's go meet up with Todoroki, we've got a lot to talk about." He said, taking hold of my arm and pulling me along towards Shoto's room.