Chapter 27 - My... Boyfriend?

Chapter 27

"Why do you want to be a hero?" I asked softly.

"To avenge my parents." He muttered with a noticeable tinge of pain.

His voice echoed in my head, I dropped him out of shock and began to turn the other way. Something about this mysterious boy made me feel connected to him, as though I understood. Right then and there a realisation struck me, I had the power to take him out of the exam...  But, as I gazed into his eyes, hearing such heartbreaking words, my perspective changed. I made a decision—I wanted him to succeed in this exam. I couldn't explain it, but I felt a strange inclination, as if perhaps... we could possibly become friends.

"What're you doing?" He asked quietly.

"I'm walking away." I spoke softly.

He stared at me for a couple of moments, our eyes still lingering at one another.

"Good luck with the rest of the exam, we only have so much time left."

And with that I vanished once again from his presence, hoping this time he wouldn't be coming after me.

With limited time left I was feeling pretty confident, and continued to teleport in and out of existence up until the last moment, evidently passing the exam. For the next stage, we had to work together in teams co-operating on save and rescue missions, it was pretty easy for some... Not so much for others. Yeah, you guessed it- Bakugou definitely struggled.

A few hours later after completing all stages of the exam, we now anxiously awaited the arrival of the results on the board. As I scanned the area, my eyes caught sight of familiar figures with a mix of yellow and red hair, standing a little distance away.

"Kirishima, Kaminari!!" I cheered running over to them.

"Y/N!!! How you doing!? We barely saw you the entire exam."

"Heheh, that's because I was being sneaky!" I smirked.

"So did you guys pass!?!" I asked enthusiastically, dying to know the answer.

If I'm honest I figured Kirishima should be okay and although I knew the boys were with Bakugou... I couldn't help but worry about Kaminari. If anyone was going to fail, it would be him.

"We both passed!" They exclaimed happily.

"That's amazing news!!" I mirrored their enthusiasm.

"I saw your name at the top of the board!" Kirishima said, gob smacked.

"Yeah you got a crazy high score! The highest in our class." Kaminari chimes in.

"Huh? Wait what?-"

I looked up to the top of the board, placed at number 3 with an insanely high score. I knew I did well but holy shit.

"Woah." I gasped.

"I guess... That's just because I got really lucky with this specific exam!" I smiled awkwardly scratching my head.

"It just happened to compliment my quirk perfectly." I replied a little sheepishly.

I felt as though I was lucky, in the first half of the exam I'd single handedly taken out a lot of targets and won my fight with Phantom, even so it was definitely a close call and if I'd lost, I would of failed. Meanwhile the second half of the exam was easy, saving civilians was a piece of cake for me.

"Have you seen Bakugou?" I asked.

"Mmm, he went to the bathroom a couple minutes ago."

"Y/N!" I heard another now-familiar voice calling my name.