Chapter 23 - BAKUGOU VS Y/N

Chapter 23

Bakugou ignited his palms, creating powerful explosions that sent shockwaves through the ground. The explosions ripped through the air, leaving a trail of smoke and debris in their wake. His determined expression spoke volumes about his sheer will to win. But I.. I didn't want to win, I didn't even want to fight, yet I knew I had to.

I concentrated, feeling the energy of teleportation surge within me. I vanished, leaving behind nothing but a slight distortion in the air. In an instant, I reappeared several meters away, dodging Bakugou's initial attack effortlessly. The explosive force roared past, leaving scorch marks on the ground.

Bakugou, undeterred, adjusted his strategy and unleashed a barrage of explosive projectiles. The air became a chaotic dance of detonations, each one aimed at my previous location. But with my teleportation quirk, I anticipated his moves and teleported away with split-second timing, narrowly avoiding the explosive onslaught.

As Bakugou gritted his teeth, frustrated by my elusive nature, I reappeared behind him. Sensing my presence, he turned, his explosive quirk at the ready. But before he could react, I teleported again, this time appearing above him, directly in the air.

Taking advantage of the element of surprise, I activated my teleportation powers rapidly, flickering in and out of existence. I rained down strikes from different angles, appearing and disappearing in a blur of motion. Each time I appeared, I delivered precise punches and kicks, utilizing my speed and agility. Bakugou fought back fiercely, using his explosions to create a defensive barrier. The blasts deflected some of my attacks, but I adapted quickly, teleporting to different vantage points to exploit any weaknesses in his defense.

The battle intensified, with the sound of explosions and crackling teleportation filling the air. It became a thrilling display of power and strategy as we matched each other's moves, each trying to outwit the other.

However, Bakugou's determination and explosive strength proved to be formidable. With a mighty blast, he created a massive explosion, engulfing the area in a blinding light. The force of the explosion disrupted my concentration, rendering my teleportation momentarily ineffective.

Taking advantage of the situation, Bakugou seized the opportunity and closed the gap between us. He unleashed a powerful explosion-enhanced attack directly my way, which shot me through the air across the training arena. I smashed into a building, creating cracks that rippled throughout it's foundations. I'd hurt my head pretty bad, now it was bleeding.

Bakugou's eyes began to widen once he saw the state I was in. I'd teleported back down to ground level, directly opposite him a few meters away. Both of us were breathing heavily, fatigue etched on our faces. We stood in a temporary stalemate. The battle had reached a critical point, he landed a strong hit on me and now I was almost struggling to stand. Yet, despite his display of flashy moves, he was deliberately trying not to hurt me. I knew just how strong Bakugou was and this wasn't it, he was holding back.

I couldn't pinpoint exactly why he was angry with me or what it was I'd done. But I couldn't stop thinking about what he asked me earlier that day.

'Do you think less of me?'

How could I ever think less of him? Why would he ever possibly think that. Although I didn't understand it, something about it hurt my heart.

"If anything... I think MORE of you." I shouted, breathing heavily.

"Because I-"

BOOM! Another explosion sent me flying backwards, but I was able to break the impact forcing my body into a crouching position. I pushed my hand into the ground, enabling me to stand before him. By this point, I'd given up on reason. Bakugou is a man of few words who doesn't know how to express his feelings, and I knew that. If this boy wants a fight then fine. He's going to get one.